A

Anonymous

I use 75bhp kit on mine.
Will run on std eng with no probs.
Not done any time yet but hopeing to get in to the 11's this year. :roll:

MrG for all your NOZ needs.

A

antilag

i dont think he got a 12.2 @ 124 terminal seems high i might b wrong though u need to run forge pistons really with the nitrous and in my opionion it does help a little but the real gains cum with higher jets as youd b looking at running 50hp or 75hp really

A

antilag

ian would u say 50 is good though i went upto 100 shot on my skyline and the gains wernt great imo
my mate has around a 200 shot on his yank and that gives a nice punch :D :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I thought I saw him run that at that Jap show last october. Hope I didn't mistake someone else for him :oops:

A

antilag

na u might b rite dude i dunno lol i just thought that terminal might giv a faster time thats all :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've looked at the thread, 1gtir definately did 12.2@124, Ginga did a 12.1too. I might have confused them, hopefully Ginga can put me right. :wink:

E

Edd

the 12.2@124 was Mark Evans who runs 2.2 bar boost on big turbo who's friend of Peter Robinson's who doesn't use the board :wink:
the car has also done an 11.5 iirc

M

Muppet

I would also like to know Where have people put there jets in the inlet manifold i.e. before or after the throttle and which kits have they got as well.

thanks muppet.

skiddusmarkus

Nitrous is good for antilag but if you want the hit to continue pushing you back in your seat,you need a controller.This is because if you have say 75bhp gain from nitrous at 3000rpm,at 6000rpm it will only be 37.5bhp gain.This is due to the amount of gas flowing remaining constant while engine revs increase,so less nitrous(&fuel) is going into each stroke as the revs rise.A controller would allow you to use a 150bhp shot running at 50% at 3000rpm,raising up to 100% at 6000rpm for it to give constant/consistant power.
Also you have to take into account how quickly torque rises with nitrous.I remember seeing Phil Cavanagh's car in a mgazine and the dyno printout showed that when the gas was activated,torque jumped from about 130lbft to 270lbft(can't remember exact figures) in a couple of hundred rpm.Imagine what this is doing to your standard conrods :shock: .
There's a whole section on nitrous on the sr20 forum and they know a lot more about it than most of us Brits,so might be worth a look there.

GINGA

124mph :shock: I wish :lol: it was 12.1 @ 115mph at the jap show and 12.4 @ 114mph the other week :cry: though i've just found out the exhaust housing on my turbo is cracked to feck so might explain why it was slower :evil:
I haven't done a run without nitrous yet on my present spec engine but will have to to see how much difference its making, though it does work well if you bog down off the line as you just floor it and it shots off like a scalded(sp) cat :twisted: though chucking a extra 50 bhp in at such low rpm won't do the engine any good :oops: