Noises

A

angryrb

Hey.

Just got my first GTIR.. and theres two noises that are worrying me

1st one is when the clutch is out it makes a whurring noise but as soon as you put it in again its fine.. ive been told its the thrust bearing or something?
Do i needa worry about this?

and 2nd one is just a ticking from the engine bay.. is this noisy tappets? or someone said it could be injector noise?
Onnce again do i needa worry about this?

Will any of them get worse?

Also when i picked it up it was fine then a little later if you put your foot flat it would spit and splutter? but has gone away again? why would that happen?

Cheers.

J

justin666

Welcome to the club mate :thumbsup:

From personal experience of the clutch release baring starting to go all I got was a knocking noise from which would go away when the pedal was pressed. As for a whiring noise, Could be the release baring but I suppose but Im sure someone on here will point you in the right direction. Do you know what clutch kit is in the car???

Pulsars have very rattley engines anyway so its prob nothing to worry about. See if you can pinpoint the noise and it should give you an indication of whats going on. The injectors tick like a bugger, the timing chains can rattle and the shims can get a bit noisey with age. Overall its not a quiet lump but you do need to pinpoint where the noise is comming from and go from there :)

Whats the spec of the car.?? Millage.?? when was it last serviced.?? She mite just need an oil change :-D

J.

paz

The only clutch noise I know of similar to that was in my pals skyline. Apparently he had an air leak which was causing it, but I don't know if thats ballacks to be honest.

Paz