noise

mattygti-r

from the drivers side wheel area,

not that noticeable when driving, its more like a "Buzzing" sound, like as if you put sominthin in a fan and it only just happend the other day, no warning no nothing

you dnt hear it when driving in a straight line , only really when turning,

wheel bearing? :?

ive noticed some of the plastic around the sump/inner arch hanging down and loose but cant really see that making a noise

the car runs fine, no smoke, no thing, boosts up ok

really pi$$ing me off now cos its irritatting.

:cry:

paz

I'd say almost definately a wheel bearing, thats what mine was like and I've just had it repaired :roll: :cry: :lol:

Get the car jacked up and check for movement. rotate and see if you car hear anything or the easier solution - get it in a garage ;)

paz

OZ-Racing

I had the same problem on my golf, turns oyt it was the loose lining rubbing on the tread when the wheels were turned.
As the lining rubs on the tyre tread you get the humming / buzzing sound.

Just tighten up your loose lining and see if the noise goes away. :)

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i had this, turned out my splash gaitor had come loose and instead of being in front of the front bumper it was behind it, once i drove the car the air pushed it so it hit the tyre at times. most prob not this though :)

mattygti-r

OZ-'R'acing said:
I had the same problem on my golf, turns oyt it was the loose lining rubbing on the tread when the wheels were turned.
As the lining rubs on the tyre tread you get the humming / buzzing sound.

Just tighten up your loose lining and see if the noise goes away. :)
the lining looks like its hanging off abit but its covering the pulleys so dont really awna go for a quick blast and see if the noise goes away

:lol:

oh sod it will try that tomrorow

8)

edit { sounds more metalic but should know tomorrow

mattygti-r

yeah sounds metalic, at around 1800 revs

car boosts fine, etc loosing no oil or anything, oil looks in excellent condition

ive no idea what it is,

:cry: :cry: