Noise Test

T

tinny

Hi

Just wondering if anyone would know anywhere in Yorkshire that i could get a noise level test done for my exhaust on my GTI-R. I'm thinking of doing Harewood hillclimb in May and possibly a track day at the end of the year and they both have strict noise levels in place. The noise level at harewood is 103DB and i think the noise level at the Croft circuit in Darlington is 98DB. I have got a 5 inch full system mongoose exhaust with a De-cat pipe, but want to check the noise level on it before i enter them as i'm not sure what it is. Can anyone help?

Many Thanks
John:-D

youngsyp

If you're anywhere Milton Keynes, I have a db meter and could measure it for you !

Out of interest, when these circuits take a noise reading, do the use 'A' or 'C' weighting ?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
tinny said:
I think the noise level at the Croft circuit in Darlington is 98DB. I have got a 5 inch full system mongoose exhaust with a De-cat pipe
I had the same systems as you. When I was tested last November at Oulton Park, it read 99db's @ 5000rpm. So a little less rev's and you'll pass at 98db's ;-)

iirc Mongoose specify that there systems db level is 98db's...

DanDud

You can buy a decebel meter from maplins or the like for not too much money and measure it yourself. The mongooses are very rairley over 100db even with a decat pipe. You should be ok. I know my Scorpian exhaust with a decat was 93Db.

T

tinny

Ok well as long as its around 98db then i should be fine to enter them. Thanks everyone for your help and responses.

D

deslynam

I think they usually measure it at around 4000rpm too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: