noble vs pulsar

ashleygtir

hi i work for a noble dealer in south wales. ive been out in a few nobles from a M12 gto 3R to a m400( the quick 1) just wondering what sort of power would you need to beat 1. the M400 is 425bhp and the gto is 325bhp. thanx

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
With Mondeo Buttons and Switches too... But then the Aston Martin DB7 is just 2 Mondeo engines put together...

Either way I'm still tempted by the Noble... :lol:

Rishi

J

justin666

Meet a noble in the bendy bits and you will see what they are all about!!!!! I live all of 5 minutes away from where they make them and regularly see them out and about on test drives.... Can just about cling on the GTO at 1.2 bar but as soon as the twisties arrive i get spanked. Dont think I would even try against the M400!!!!!

5 mins in the other direction from my house is Ultima sports cars.... Now they are FAST!!!:shock:

J.

nismoboy

As said on the twisty`s no pulsar would keep with one there awesum. I was behind a m400 the other week (only in me work car) and fook do these things go i reccon even a 450bhp pulsar would struggle.

EVOBAD

yes on the backroads the pulsar will hav no change but over a short distance a 300bhp pulsar will beat a noble

ashleygtir

yes a noble is a mondeo it has all the buttons and switchs from a mark1 mondilldo. the engine has a few changes from the original duratec poo

nismoboy

EVOBAD said:
yes on the backroads the pulsar will hav no change but over a short distance a 300bhp pulsar will beat a noble

not an m400 it wont, trust me this thing was rapid as fook.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
From a decent launch you can pip a Noble to about 60mph then it'll sail past, and as for corners *scoffs* you've got more chance of platting fog than keeping up, unless he is a shite driver (and as my next door neighbour has one and is an ex-racing driver, your ****ed!)

stumo

EVOBAD said:
keep takin the drugs..........:doh:

EVOBAD

nismoboy said:
not an m400 it wont, trust me this thing was rapid as fook.
no i no but a 400bhp plus gtir will over a quartermile the nobles are not that great but on the road they are :thumbsup:

MarkTurbo

EVOBAD said:
no i no but a 400bhp plus gtir will over a quartermile the nobles are not that great but on the road they are :thumbsup:
Even a 400+ bhp pulsar would struggle to beat an M400 over a 1/4 mile ;-)

Even with a good launch you'd struggle to beat it to 60 mph too, unless you can do it in under 3.5 secs which i doubt very much :lol: It dosent matter if its an M12 or M400, ones 350 bhp and the other 420 and they both weigh around 1000 kg's :shock: Fooking quick cars 8)

I've always wanted one ever since i saw an M12 going round castle combe 8) They're a sort of better less hairdresser-ish version of a Lotus Elise :lol:

ashleygtir

MarkTurbo said:
Even a 400+ bhp pulsar would struggle to beat an M400 over a 1/4 mile ;-)

I've always wanted one ever since i saw an M12 going round castle combe 8) They're a sort of better less hairdresser-ish version of a Lotus Elise :lol:
trust me you wouldnt have one if you saw the build quality, its held together with non galvinisied screws and 500 lbs of silicone. after about 3 years youll need to restore it. lol

MarkTurbo

ashleygtir said:
trust me you wouldnt have one if you saw the build quality, its held together with non galvinisied screws and 500 lbs of silicone. after about 3 years youll need to restore it. lol
Sounds like TVR build quality then :lol:

You should have seen the state of the wiring on my mates Cerbera when we had the dash apart :shock: Looked like a 3 year old child had wired it up :lol:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Its a TVR what do you expect!!! I thought the build quality might be a bit better on the Noble, its a damn shame its not!

W

WoOsH

What you are all seeming to forget is that the noble is about £50,000 afaik. If I was let loose with that money to spend on my "R" it would **** all over a noble