No Power

F

fkw17

Hi guys hope you can give a reason why my r has no power.

Whenever i start my car and take it for a drive. Everything is going fine. Idles good, Boost guage is reading correct and goes hard. Then I notice that after driving for about 15mins when i try to boost it, it boosts but the takes forever to reach throught the rev range. I was thinking problem could be heat soak.. From the intercooler to the turbo. Correct me if im wrong. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!

Thanks

N

nellypayton

i had exactly the same problem but a lot of people told me that it could be a number of things, i had my waste gate and actuator cleaned and that seemed to have cured it, i think its a common thing for the R.

N

nellypayton

i did a fault check on my R everything was A OK boost was 0.8 bar through every gear i also had a look at the sensor on my front pipe it was reading hot and telling the ecu my engine was running too hot so had it taped up so it wasnt touching any part of the front pipe, its only a suggestion tho.

F

fkw17

Yeah thanks for the info guys, I've a fault code check and everything came up clear (code 55). Do you really think it could be the wastegate actuator???

I'm not quite understand taping up the lamba sensor being taped up??? please explain t
thanks

P

pulsarboby

sounds like the exhaust housing around the wastegate penny is cracked to me.
when its cold the cracks will be less significant but as soon as its hot they then open up and allow the boost to leak away, this is more apparent when you up the boost pressure.
ive seen some cracked so bad that you can get your thumb nail in there.

only way to check is by removing the turbo and visually checking for cracks or possibly see on boost gauge whether boost is holding or dropping off at peak.

N

nellypayton

your sensor tells you how hot the air is comming throgh you front pipe/exhaust and it links up to your ecu so your ecu knows how hot the air is, if there is no sensor i.e taped up with heat proof tape, then no way of telling your ecu the air flow is hot, so there for your ecu is being tricked, in a way as there is no heat sensor, the mechanic who sorted mine out told me exactly that but like i said mine was cured after that, just chech what pulsarboby said too, he knows what he is talking about, trust me.;-)

olliecast

check you lambda sensor is connected! the wire on mine had got caught and severred off, giving the exact symptoms your getting!

F

fkw17

My lambda sensor is connected and I have a air fuel ratio gauge fitted. So i know that the lambda is working. It doesnt have any boost drop. So theres no crack in the exhaust housing of the turbo.
I dont see why the lambda sensor needs to be insultated as i have done any other mods to the engine. What else could cause this problem??????