No Optimax

SickBoy

Been to 3 garages today in the notts area and no optimax at any of them

Because of the hemel hempstead fuel leak

says could be 2/3 weeks till they get some :cry:

Put a tenners worth of bp ultimate in and its runnin sh*t ,spluttering and coughing

Lee

S

Stoned

Hmm yes someone was saying the same about the Shell stations round here. Sounds like an excuse to go a little bit further and buy Tesco 99 ron then! :)

I used BP ultimate last night on the way home and mines running just the same

Jgti-R

Didn't anyone see the 5th gear fuel test? optimax rocks! 8)
i'm going on the hunt for some now!

think they decided bp ultimate was ok and tesco 99ron sucks!

pulsar_stu

i use bp ultimate all the time :D But when i do put optimax in i do see a vast improvement in torque :shock:

i also use millers octane booster with bp ultimate and that does the trick :p :D 8)

J

jpward

Well shell wont bring optimax here so now you know how we feel :cry:

cojack

The hemel hempstead fuel leak had nothing to do with normal fuel it supplied the nearby airports. So i don't think it's down to that.

Just shell being lazy fookers i would say :!:

pulsar_stu

cojack said:
The hemel hempstead fuel leak had nothing to do with normal fuel it supplied the nearby airports. So i don't think it's down to that.

Just shell being lazy fookers i would say :!:
I heard it was because of the offices close by being smashed to bits by the blast, It afected some of the bp garages down this way aswell :shock:

G

gdm1984

well just a little bit, i got two dyno runs done recently, one with only optimax used and it came out 255 and then one a month later having changes to bp ultimate and the dyno read 264bhp, not a bad increase from just swapping fuels! Just my little bit of useless information! lol

J

Jonny H

Ive used all 3 of the above fuels and i cant say ive noticed much difference between them if im being honest! :?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Jgti-R said:

Tesco's 99RON wasn't in the test!...

Rishi

M

macphegf

RishiGTiR said:
Jgti-R said:

Rishi
Was just about to say the same thing, I think it was just normal unleaded :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

macphegf said:
RishiGTiR said:
Jgti-R said:

Rishi
Was just about to say the same thing, I think it was just normal unleaded :wink:
it was.

tesco' s 99ron is fine and its cheaper @ 89.9ppl compared to the 93.9 my local shell are asking :wink: my local shell was out of optimax on sunday :?

S

Stoned

I've got a full tank as Tesco is bit of a hike. Should last a while being i'm now on holiday. cheaper then Shell too

I still reckon it runs just as well

Jgti-R

hmmmmmmm think i'm getting my tests mixed up! :oops: :roll:

a good friend of mine works for a motorsport company and they tested them, he had a print out of loads of figures i didn't understand! i'll try to get a copy and post it........ some of you may understand it!