No name and shame

gtirpulsar

We have never allowed name and shame. Anyone doing so runs the risk of being struck off the board, as per the forum rules.

As with every dispute, there are two sides to a story. If the defendant has a genuine problem you will be tearing their reputation to tatters. No apologies after ever repair the damage.

If your dispute is with an unpaid member, every moderator is effectively powerless to help. As we will have no details, on that person, other than you can find yourself by searching the forum. Or asking people who have had dealings with that person for contact details.

What good is us banning a person, before a dispute is resolved? It gives you one less (and probably your best) avenue to persue your claim.

abyss

totally agree with what you are saying but if the other person doesn't come online then how are we supposed to echo our treatment by this person and stop other members from buying goods from this person. I mean if you have waited for instance 7 weeks on something and paid alot of money for it i think you could clearly say you aint getting it.

Which is why most people get very angry and want to echo there dissapointment in that person. I mean whats the point in having a for sale section if people are only going to get ripped off.

I mean i for one am not a sad individual out to shame this person for no reason it's a legit reason. To be honest i dont feel safe buying anything off the forum anymore which is a bit sad to be honest.

gtirpulsar

I've been annoyed myself when I've been skanked. So I'm not unsympathetic. But mods can only help in the background.
If people name and shame it removes any chance of assisting both sides to resolve the situation amicably, As the lynchmob will already have jumped to the prosecutors side.
With the sale section now restricted to paid members only; dodgy salesmen have found their pond much reduced.
We aim to have a feedback ranking similar to ebay in the near future. This means only genuine customers will be able to leave feedback.