no just finished it and blown it gutted

S

slatsey

:cry: :cry: just spent a month get me baby back on the road and 2 days after the mot she,s blown dnt no if itas the turbo or the engine. any 1 no any good rebuilders in the north west and if so any idea on a price. please some 1 help as i need 2 get it sorted and back on the road:sad: :sad: slatsey

S

slatsey

put some new plugs in day later she blew shit loads ov smoke out the back dnt no if its the turbo. but didnt think car would miss and not turn over when turbo goes so think its more seriouse you have any prices 4 rebuild please need 2 get back on road thanks 4 your help

KF79GTIR

engine check

Hi ya mate by the sounds of it your engine is still running if so when she is tickin over take the dip stick out a little bit and rev it up to about 3500 rpm if you get smoke come out your dip stick hole you have melted a piston or is ring also take the air in take pipe off and check for oil in the impellars on your turbo if so then you have a ****ed your turbo i have both theses probs due to my turbo overboosting the cheapest block i have found available is £700 ebay allthough you could try findanengine.co.uk hope this will help

P

powerfreack

a rebuild can cost around 3k but that all depends on what you are after

P

powerfreack

i wouldent waste my time visting dp and from previos experince talking to ian at hiteq he sounds like he knows his stuff when it comes to the pulsar

i would just go straight to hiteq

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Take it to Ian @ Hiteq... You won't find anyone more knowledgable about the GTiR...

He will check it over and tell you exactly whats wrong... Might not be as bad as you think...

Rishi