no gears at all

A

Anonymous

hi all i was in my gtir today and i got home and but it in reverse gear then stop i thought it was in nutral i pulled the clutch peadle up and the car went back about 3-4incs now i carnt get any gears when the car is runing or not runung :cry: :cry: can any one help me.or tell me wots up so i can do it :D :)

MarkTurbo

Can you not get it into any gears even with the engine off :?:

What about the clutch, is that still operating properly. Get someone to push the pedal up and down and have a look and see if the release fork is moving across fully.

Sounds like it could be something broken with the box/clutch, which means engine out time :(

A

Anonymous

hi m8

Can you not get it into any gears even with the engine off no

GTIR1000

sorry to hear about this mate,the same happened to mine i put mine in reverse then it moved backwards and stalled however mine some how mange to jump into 5th. took it to the garage they took the gearbox out and said it was lucky it hadnt blown long before now. get it to a garage mate asap. however i was told it could be one of the circlips cant quite remember what the mechanic said but there are some circlips on the input shaft or something that can break hope this is what it is mate

R

r5ben

id tou find out what the prob was with your car J14 gtr ive got the same prob but i can get the gears with the engine turned off any help with this lads would be great :lol:

mattygti-r

i had this problem last week

put it in reverse went up the drive, then heard a creak / pop and it just got stuck in reverse

it wasnt the clutch or the box, but the clutch peddle box behind the dash had snapped,

is the clutch peddle at an angle? mine got stuck behind the brake :wink:

R

r5ben

wish everyones was that easy to fix mate looks like im in for the big ££££ build again :cry: