Nistune, wideband and map?

warpspeed

Ok, so I'm thinking about using nistune but would like to know if it can use a wideband lambda to do the fuelling? Also once it has been mapped will it run in closed-loop mode and alter the fuelling/ignition as i drive? Finally, can the ecu use a map sensor instead of a maf? If so what map sensors can i use?

cheers Scott

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I believe that's beyond the ability of Nistune. - It can really only understand Nissan parts; and it's still a Nissan ECU underneath it, but with less limits on the maps etc so it can't do anything that wasn't originally there. I'm sure Ed explained that a lot better before, but that's the gist of it.

It's a good solution, but if you want continuous closed-loop operation and/or MAP sensor, you need to buy a complete stand-alone system. I'm sure someone else can rattle-off a list of units that can do what you're asking.

warpspeed

Really want to do away with the maf so guess it's standalone for me, time for a wanted post meethinks! cheers for your help guys

watoga

You can use a wideband with NIStune when mapping the car (since the software can log and monitor the wideband signal), but once you've burned the new map to the ECU its back to running on the narrowband sensor for everyday driving. The wideband is invaluable when tuning though, and NIStune is compatible with most manufacturers.

Good luck,
Dave

P

pulsarboby

think youll need a standalone unit such as motec, autech etc, the power fc pro has facility to run map sensor aswell but all will cost ya scotty
i have a pro version in stock with commander also and am open to a near offer on it if it helps

red reading

syvec s6gp is what i am having fitted warpspeed, it will do everything you want. i may have a zytek for sale it's just in being examined at the moment to find out exactley what it has (i.e what map sensor it is etc)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the Syec is what Ed recommended in the other thread. - That's got more inputs and outputs than you could shake a stick at!

Fusion Ed

They are quite impressive to say the least. 4 maps for fuel 4 for ign, full closed loop boost/fuel/knock. Genuine anti-lag/launch control/traction control etc. And a whole load of other things the pulsar cannot support (diff control etc etc)

red reading

motec features and control for a lot less money, everones a winner! there's alot of bloody quick cars running it like a 1300bhp supra road car.

warpspeed

syvec s6gp is what i am having fitted warpspeed, it will do everything you want. i may have a zytek for sale it's just in being examined at the moment to find out exactley what it has (i.e what map sensor it is etc)
What spec is the zytek? and how much are you after for it?

warpspeed

I have just bought a dta e48, what do you guys think? looks like it should do the job for me, and it was an excellent price!

danr

looks pretty good to me. guess all depends on software in the box and how fast it runs all of the features