NISSAN RIP OFF BASTARDS!!!

G

GTiRich

Rushed into Nissan today as my coil is totally shagged. Last time i went in I remember them telling me it would be £80 so i was prepared to be anally raped. He went to put the orser through and said "oh the part numbers changed hang on a minute....." A long story short, after he gave me a discount the coil still cost me over £160 :!: :!: :shock: :!: :!: What a fucking Gip, daylight robbery by Nissan. If i had time to hunt donw an aftermarket one i would have. I did have an Aldon Automotive flamethrower but that didnt fit :roll:

G

GTiRich

Nope not toomeys, was glynn hopkins. I'd never use toomeys to be honest. They will rip you off on EVERYTHING

B

BFMurphy

how did you you test your coil, just the resistance through it?

G

GTiRich

Well i knew the coil was fucked anyway coz it was rust inside and it kept arcing out to the leads, which i found out about when i rolling roaded it. So i knew it had to be changed. When we wwent to start me rebuilt engine that was the only part that hadnt been changed (just wanted to get it going before splashing more cash) so assumed it was time to get it sorted :evil:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I got a blue print one for about £25. Looks identical to the Nissan coil but doesn't have the logo.

G

GTiRich

My local motor spares shop do blue print stuff so maybe give ure local one a go. Ya never know

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
try the yellowpages for automotive spares shops/merchants.

Blueprint are quite common amongst the shops who supply professionals.

Blue print do everything from leads to calipers and suspensions arms. I've found the quality to be the same as OE and occasionaly better on my other Jap car!!!