newbie with problems(not mental !!)

R

RUDI-GTIR

hi there everyone another newbie got my second r first black now grey avin a pressure prob any help
starts off just over half pressure then drops right off to nearly nought HELP im hoping it not a headgasket prob

Moved to problem solving from for Gtirs wanted:?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RUDI-GTIR

no theres no knock or obvious leaking just scratchin me ead

EVOBAD

hi does presure increase when u give it some as alot of RRR presure drop 2 about 0.2 then increase 2 4or just over u can also loose presure due 2 bottom end problems or oil pump needs renewing

R

RUDI-GTIR

yes it goes back up when i gun it also could it be any thing to do with the oil pressure valve???????????sum thing someone else had said

nice one lads

EVOBAD

RUDI-GTIR said:
yes it goes back up when i gun it also could it be any thing to do with the oil pressure valve???????????sum thing someone else had said

nice one lads
not sure guage can be faulty but as i said presure does drop of then increases when u give it some u only need 2 be worried when presure doent increase ,my sure oil doesnt run low ;-)

J

jpward

I found it increases not unlike the rise in boost pressure as the rpm's increase then again i always run clean oil and bang on top of dipper maybe if your oil is old/low it will take time for the pump to build up pressure as their isnt the same flow going into the strainer due to lower level/thicker unclean oil??

antgtir

What grade of oil do you use?

On idle can you see oil being splashed about when you take the rocker cover cap off?

Ant.

R

RUDI-GTIR

about 1 month ago i got a full oil change they used top quality bmw oil (my inlaw works 4 em) £12 a litre ihavent taken off the oil fill to see if its splashing about but i will got more prob now its the same as pauld clutch or cylinder probs goin in tomorrow to b sorted i hope !!!

paz

BMW oil? :lol:

What grade is it though, 10/40, 10/30, 5/40 etc?

If you're using too thin an oil, this could explain low oil pressure.

Paz

R

RUDI-GTIR

not sure wat grade will find out dont think its as thin as 5/40

O

Odin

RUDI-GTIR said:
not sure wat grade will find out dont think its as thin as 5/40

5/40 is to thin for a turbo car matey, Before buying fancy oil from the likes of BMW wouldn't it of been an idea to notice that BMW don't make a petrol turbo engine :roll: ;-) .

Rob

R

RUDI-GTIR

didnt buy mate my brother inlaw work 4 em and he serviced me car with there oil but ur right they dont make p turbo eng