New rocker - throttle cable bracket?

G

GTI-R Kid

:boobs: Ok, now I have your attention :lol: I need a little :help: please.

Myself and the Mrs are currently trying to decide whether we're going to stick with the standard rocker cover or go with one off an NA SR20. Problem is I spotted that we'd need to fabricate some sort of bracket for the throttle cable as there are no holes on the other cover to bolt it up to.

I've had a flick through the gallery to see if I could spot other cars that had come across the same problem, but any pics I did find were either too small or not good enough quality to properly see what way the owners had managed to overcome this problem.

Does anyone have any clear pics of a fabricated bracket, whether it be their own or someone elses, that clearly show how I could tackle this? Or even detailed descriptions for the modification?

At least it would be one less problem when trying to decide which cover to go with.

Thanks folks.

geoff pine

Would i be right in think that you have a front mount how are you going to mount the plate that covers the plugs to keep the rain water out if you keep the original bonnet.

G

GTI-R Kid

Yes, we will have a front mount fitted. We're currently thinking of a few different options like blocking the main vent, mounting an oil cooler in it, coming up with a custom spark plug cover for the non-GTIR rocker cover.

Just need to know how to go about the throttle bracket as thats the real stumbling point at the moment.

G

GTI-R Kid

Anyone? Please?

Surely someone other than me has considered, tried or done this rocker cover swap?:cry: