New owner few questions

Gray

Hi there,

I've been on these forums for around 3-4 years but was fairly unactive until now. When I had my frist car a Red 1.4 Sunny I was using the forums quite a lot and ended up kitting it up to look almost exactly like an R. Bonnet, front bumper, spoiler etc. Then I sold my sunny and bought a 2.0 Almera GTi SR20DE engine without the turbo obviously had that for 2 years and just now got rid and bought a J reg Black GTi-R.

A few things, the speedo was converted from Km to Miles at around 76km which is around 40k miles? And now the speedo reads 102000 so am I to assume the car has done around 70k miles?

Also the oil pressure, when I start is about 4 or just above then when its warms up its between 2 and 4 closer to 2 though, is this right? I have checked my oil and i topped it up and it doesnt appear to be losing any oil.

Also does the GTI-R have a standard dump valve? As I get a dump sound when i give it some stick but i thought GTI-R's didnt have a standard dump valve. I also believe that a bleed valve has been installed for increasing decreasing boost?

How do I know how much BAR I am running?

I am going to do a full service this week, get oil flushed put some 10w-50 in. New sparks NGK Iridium 8s? Fuel filter, oil filter coolant change etc

Also my power steering fluid is none existant can I just top this up with automatic trans oil or do i have to flush the whole system? If so how do i flush it?

What other things should I do while I have just got it? Its running 273bhp 250 lb/ft torque

I want to fit a front mount intercooler, are the systems they sell on ebay any good? As I was thinking of getting one of these for 250 notes.

I'm loving the R though, brings a massive smile to my face!!

I know a couple of people off here, Andy Chan and Paz so if you see this post guys give us a shout ;)

Thanks guys.

Mr GTiR

Gray said:
I know a couple of people off here, Andy Chan and Paz so if you see this post guys give us a shout ;)
Hi Gray

Long time no speak fella, both Paz and myself are still on here :wink:

Nice to see you now have a proper car :p :D

I've just sent you a pm, so give me a call i'll answer all your questions :wink:

Andy

Gray

Ill give ya a ring in about an hour on me lunch if thats ok? Could meet up later on and you can look over my R make sure its ok haha