New Oil pump & timing chain

Mr GTiR

CARLGTIR said:
willing to pay good money for new parts, some1 might have 1 laying around! :thumbsup:
I know someone.........Mr Nissan will have them new and lying about in the parts department :lol:

CARLGTIR

Thx for your help, I'm afraid Mr Nissan is asking extortionate prices from me which i'm not prepared to pay! They was after over a 100 just for the timing chain by itself! :roll:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
CARLGTIR said:
Thx for your help, I'm afraid Mr Nissan is asking extortionate prices from me which i'm not prepared to pay! They was after over a 100 just for the timing chain by itself! :roll:
Unless the chain shows obvious signs of wear, stretch or has broken then I wouldn't bother replacing it, save your money. Do you have any idea how many miles the motor the chain came out of has done ??

Steve

J

jpward

CARLGTIR said:
Should be around the £50 mark with Eric

Shame really when you consider a good heavy duty bike chain is not much more a chain is a chain so must take my old one and see if there is a bike chain similar for future reference :?

CARLGTIR

Hello again! Just to say that I received my timing chain, tensioners and oil pump today from Eric's parts (ordered them fri). Got em for half the price than mr Nissan would of charged me! great service so thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :thumbsup:

J

jpward

CARLGTIR said:
Hello again! Just to say that I received my timing chain, tensioners and oil pump today from Eric's parts (ordered them fri). Got em for half the price than mr Nissan would of charged me! great service so thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :thumbsup:
No problem trying to work with him to supply even more parts for the R as the old Pound is fighting fit at the moment makes for a little bit more for your pennies!

And he is customer focused unlike a lot of suppliers out there!

:thumbsup: