New GTi-R owner

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I have just got my deposit down on my first R. It has been VERY well looked after and has all the stnd mods...

Helix Organic clutch
Mongoose exhaust
A'pexi AVC-R
K&N induction kit
Hi-Spec 285mm big brake conversion
Suspension mods too by Whiteline.
Walbro fuel pump

Also I have as part of the sale the Apexi AFC II.

My questions might have been answered b4 so appologies for that..

but,

1. Is the AFC fairly easy to install, and what benefits will I see with the above setup?

2. What other mods do you think I should do next?

3. MAF???? Sorry fairly new to this, not sure what it does, and how fitting a z32/Suburu one would help, again how difficult is this?

I am fairly competant at using my noggin, and like to get my hands dirty when possible.

The car is running at 1 bar and 310 BHP running 12.6 quaters I believe.

Any help on this would be cool, and I hope to get to know some of you soon.

Gav

O

Odin

The best advice I can offer is to leave it alone at 310 bhp and be happy :wink: , Maybe go to 1.2 bar max otherwise your end up like all the rest of us spending £1000's on a car that keeps brakeing :cry: .

My car had 311bhp at 1.2 bar and 304lb's of torque and if I could go back to that i'd be a happy man, As I drove it every day and it never broke.

rob

A

Anonymous

Hmm...

To be honest I was thinking along the same lines myself... However I would like to add my own few little things to it, to make it MY car if that makes sence.

Will the Fuel computer enable it to run a little smotther, and run higher boost on the rare occasion without any problems, using the Scramble function on the AVCR?

Gav

A

Anonymous

Gav_potter said:
Will the Fuel computer enable it to run a little smotther, and run higher boost on the rare occasion without any problems, using the Scramble function on the AVCR?
the only way to get it to run smoother is to fit an aftermarket ecu and get it mapped properly.the apexi units will give acceptable performance but,there is a major difference between them and an ecu which has been mapped correctly due to the extra mapping points within the ecu.

i had always liked the apexi units until i had a power fc fitted and mapped correctly :wink: ,the difference to idle,fuel consumption and power delivery/spread is truly amazing :D and if you get it mapped correctly,you will see significant gains in bhp and torque at a certain boost level with an ecu versus the apexi units.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm..

Now there is something to think about???

So how much would this kind of thing cost??

Unit, Fitting, Set-up??

Gav

A

Anonymous

Gav_potter said:
Hmmm..

Now there is something to think about???

So how much would this kind of thing cost??

Unit, Fitting, Set-up??

Gav
depending on what ecu you decide on and what additional functions you add :wink: :twisted: ,round about £1k.this outlay could of course could be reduced by selling the afc 2 :wink:

unichip are beside dunfermline and have a r/r if that is your pref.
or if you buy something like the power fc and loom,you could get that mapped by sam in dundee.

choices,choices :lol:

A

Anonymous

Hmmm really interested now...

I am actually buying the car from someone in Dundee!

Will investigate this further.

Thanks for the comments,

Any thoughts on the MAF though?

A

Anonymous

Gav_potter said:
Any thoughts on the MAF though?
you won't need a MAF for a while yet :wink:

who you buying it from :?:

pm me if you'd prefer :wink:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
vpulsar said:
Us scottish folk are really helpfull :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you can f_ok right off,you southern softie :twisted:

Just bevcause i'v bought a bit of class and the queens english to the simple folk of scotland :wink: no need to be nasty :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
Just because i've brought a bit of class and the queen's english to the simple folk of scotland :wink: no need to be nasty :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm a bit like you :shock: just can't stop myself at times :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

btw,i've corrected your queen's english again :lol: :lol: :lol:

when you gonna get rid of your spelling gremlin :wink: :twisted: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you still have the top mounted intercooler, you'll benefit from a front mounted one.
If it's only 1bar, that's good power as there's no mention of cams or head work. :wink: