New engine?

M

marks1986

I would like some advice. I have an L reg GTiR (96k) and one of the pistons is knackered. I have beet advised i need a new bottom end and possible gasket set. Is it worth it getting this done or would i be better braking the car? The car has had near enough £10k spent on it in the last 6 years.

M

marks1986

thanks - i know someone who can strip it for me and said he will do it for around a grand (he has a bottom end he can fit). the pistons i currently have are not forged/rebored, will it be best to do it at the same time? how much do you think the BHP will be changed?

R

riske

Sell yourself to old women and then you can sort everything out including forged bits. Thats what i would do... lol

M

marks1986

selling myself to old women sounds like a good option riske! thanks for that lol

kool rob - i think i will stick with gettin the bottom end replaced. I am taking it to the garage on sunday and i can discuss whats best to do then. Im kinda new to the GTiR scene and your help has been great. cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
marks1986 said:
selling myself to old women sounds like a good option riske! thanks for that lol

.................. Im kinda new to the GTiR scene
Yeah, it shows. ;-)

The only people you can sell yourself to on this forum are old men:doh: (Odin for example:lol: )