new dials

K

kengtir

hi fited the new dials to the car had to take off the needles and yes you guess it they dont sit where they were,befor i started,help to reset needed,cheers guys and dolls

ram5ay

Work with alot of speedo's at my work so here's a rough guide:

Go to the petrol station and fill the tank with fuel.

Remove the facia from the clocks and fit them back into the car so you can remove/refit the needles easily.

Turn on the Ign, and fit the speedo needle just on the bottom side of its stop, then carefully lift it over so it rests on the top (If this fails to give a proper reading you will have to do the "follow a mate at 40 and stick the needle on while you'r driving" trick).

Fit the petrol gauge needle on at Full mark.

Start car and run to operating temp fit the water temp needle on in the middle, or wherever it usually sat (you might see a couple of small marks at the edge of the gauge showing operating temp).

Fit tacho needle on at 850/900 rpm when idling or whatever your idle speed was before (you could check the speed with a multimeter or something if you're really bothered about it being spot on)

If you need to re-set the needles on the boost, oil pressure and temp ones in the middle of the car then same rules apply, boost at 0 with Ign on, and oil press and temp at norm temp/idle where they usually sat.

Sorry for the long winded response, hope this helps.
:wink:

L

LoXy

thx ramsey, i have recently fitted the dials aswell and my neeedles are all over the place too. my car is not running yet but i will use ur very usefull advise to help me out, cheers matey

K

kengtir

ram5ay said:
Work with alot of speedo's at my work so here's a

rough guide:

Go to the petrol station and fill the tank with fuel.

Remove the facia from the clocks and fit them back into the car so you can remove/refit the needles easily.

Turn on the Ign, and fit the speedo needle just on the bottom side of its stop, then carefully lift it over so it rests on the top (If this fails to give a proper reading you will have to do the "follow a mate at 40 and stick the needle on while you'r driving" trick).

Fit the petrol gauge needle on at Full mark.

Start car and run to operating temp fit the water temp needle on in the middle, or wherever it usually sat (you might see a couple of small marks at the edge of the gauge showing operating temp).

Fit tacho needle on at 850/900 rpm when idling or whatever your idle speed was before (you could check the speed with a multimeter or something if you're really bothered about it being spot on)

If you need to re-set the needles on the boost, oil pressure and temp ones in the middle of the car then same rules apply, boost at 0 with Ign on, and oil press and temp at norm temp/idle where they usually sat.

Sorry for the long winded response, hope this helps.
:wink:

cheers guy for that info i give it a try cheers m8 and thanks