new custom intake pod.

A

Anonymous

A friend of mine is a boatbuilder and i got him drunk lastnight and convinced him to make me a fibreglass intake pod to go where the spotlight would normally be.

So this morning we sat down and started.

Now its happily drying in the sun

When its finished i will take a coupla pics.

Should work quite well...scooping up HEAPS of air and plumbing it straight to the pod.

Wikkid!!!!!

They need a sand and paint but you get the idea.
[/img]

S

Sirnixalot

:shock:

nice!

But here is the thing about ram air scoops. Make sure the MAF sensor isnt too close to the scoop. The air forcing itself in will cause turbulance and give you erratic MAF voltages leading to stumbling and a loss of power at the top end.

A

Anonymous

Sirnixalot said:
:shock:

nice!

But here is the thing about ram air scoops. Make sure the MAF sensor isnt too close to the scoop. The air forcing itself in will cause turbulance and give you erratic MAF voltages leading to stumbling and a loss of power at the top end.
I have a Pipercross vortex Pod filter so the air gets spiralled down the throat no matter how the air is put into it.
So it "should" be ok...but it is a fair distance from the MAF anyways.

A

Anonymous

So its finished.

Its not pretty but im not going for looks and besides...I've never been known for my patience when it comes to sanding.

I

Innovate Performance

ShayneG said:
Get him to do a head light duct 8)
There's a few people on here that would definately have one :wink:
Am looking in to getting one done over christmas will post once done.

ShayneG

Innovate Performance said:
ShayneG said:
Get him to do a head light duct 8)
There's a few people on here that would definately have one :wink:
Am looking in to getting one done over christmas will post once done.
If u could mate this would be brilliant. There's a few on here that would have one :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
How come you have a Sunny GTi bumber on and not a GTiR one...? :?

It looks good but its won't work for most of us as we have GTiR bumpers and they are different from the GTi, and also because certain Front Mount Intercooler Kits have pipework that runs there...

See if you can make a headlight air intake... :wink:

A

Anonymous

I have a GTi front bumper cos the numbnuts that had it before me smashed the front end and couldnt get/couldnt be arsed getting a GTiR one...but hey...its a little different to everyone elses aye!?

On my old Primera i remoulded the bumper to have a pod out the side of it and that worked a treat...all you need to do is gently heat ur bumper and push out the pod...then you have a permanent air intake and you dont need to mess around with removing your headlight everytime you want to race.

Just an idea.