new car and baffled!!!!

A

Anonymous

whoops, guess something went wrong with that one! eerrr basically what i said was that ive only just bought my gti-r and i was wondering which thing would i need to upgrade first to boost my performance maybe there is a few simple things i could do! any help would be appreciated!!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Simple first steps are filter/exhaust/dawes device (or other) to up boost to 1bar/ uprated fuel pump/new plugs
1bar will normally see about 280ish bhp.

then maybe fuel controller/new clutch/front mount.

Brakes are pants and will need doing fairly soon on your modding list.

A

Anonymous

what is a dawes, sorry but i dont have a clue with these jap motors, enjoying up to yet though!! it already has a 5zigen exhaust system apexi air filter! where would i get a fuel pump from and which is the best to get!

A

Anonymous

oh and it already has a os gekon clutch! not sure which one!

B

blr123

Buzza I've sent you a PM but I'll put a bit here aswell :wink:

The fuel pump would be a Walbro 255lts/min (I think) you can get them from guys on the forum for a good price........about £90 or so :wink:

If you've just bought the car the VERY FIRST thing you should do is get FULLY serviced, properly set up and thoroughly checked over putting rite any faults found :wink:

Then run it for a bit and get used to it before going all out modding :wink:

BORING eh :lol: but IMHO that's a good way to go about it :wink:

Cheers Bryan

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
A dawes device is similar to a bleed valve. It's a mechanical device for raising boost.
What reading are you getting on the boost gauge? You wouldn't need an os giken clutch with standard boost. :shock: