New Battery

Garef

Hey all, need some help, I'm still in America and will be for another two weeks, but I got a problem, I had my battery in the R hooked up to some battery maintanance contraption I got from Halfords, and all was working well, no problems everytime my old man strated her up, however some fanny painter was in the garage and unplugged it, and the battery drained. Now it had been fine jump starting it for a while, but now there's nothing and my old man wants to get a new battery in it.
I just want to know whats the best size to get, what type, roughly how much, I don't have a clue seeing as i'm across the ocean, and my dad isn't exactly a car genius. Any help would be great as to make his task as easy as possible, thanks.
I thought about getting an optima yellow or red top or would this be a waste of money?
I also plan on moving the battery to the boot as well in the near future so I don't know if I would require something with a bit more power as well.
Thanks.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Micra K10 Battery from Kwik Fit will be fine - £28 - £35

You could have searched that! Its been asked about 100 times before..

Garef

Thanks for the help.
I did search for it, but seeing as the last post that I could find was in 2005 I thought that there might have been something a bit more up to date.
Cheers.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Well you can always go to Nissan for a genuine GTiR Batter for £65 + VAT :lol:

Rishi

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Garef said:
Will the Micra one be ok for throwing the battery in the boot eventually as well?
Cheers.
No, it won't have enough power, go for something more heavy duty.

A big high cranking amperage battery from a diesel motor is what you want. I picked the biggest one Halfrauds had at the time, I think it was from a diesel Merc Estate or something.

Steve

Garef

Thats why I was asking about the Optima range of battery, the yellow or red top, would they not be of any use?

scottyd

i just use a 600amp mercedes diesel battery, fan-titty-tastic, bit bigger than standard battery, but it still fits in my battery box in the boot, perfect cranking power, got it for £40 with 3 year warranty. Bargain.

J

jpward

I get all my batteries off a local battery wholesaler and save a fourtune!

I always get the largest battery i can fit in any machine hehe also you should note not every one stocks the small terminal batteries so finding a local distrubitor that will see to you is a good find the optima's in my opinion are over priced for what the R needs!

J

jpward

Studlife said:
do your batteries in euro have the same small terminals as the jap batteries?
Nope but you can get them in some places.

Garef

Will the Merc diesel one fit in the engine bay or the R or is that only gonna fit in the boot? If it does't fit then I'm just gonna get the Micra K10 for just now.

J

jpward

Micra Ed said:
K10 or early K11 (in fact any jap battery with small terminals) will be fine.
Whats the type number of them?

and also the merc one someone is using?