NEED SOME NEW BRAKES!

N

NickH

Hey guys!

Wonder if anyone can suggest what the best value (at a reasonable price) brakes for my R?? Just got it and was fitted with a new set of standard brakes but they don't offer much in the way of stopping power, get very hot very quickly and then fade to absolutely nothing!!! :roll:

Am off to Jap Finals day tomorrow and would like to look out for brakes there - so recommendations would be much appreciated!

Cheers!!

D

DOT2DOT

Been meaning to ask, would there be a big difference between the 280 and 310mm kits in terms of fade and heat dissipation?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
DOT2DOT said:
Been meaning to ask, would there be a big difference between the 280 and 310mm kits in terms of fade and heat dissipation?

With the larger disc you have more claming area so more stopping power...

It takes more to over heat as there is more to actually heat so therefore it will remain at lower temps and i therefore assume reduce the chance of brake fade...

Drilled discs help cooling but this can cause cracked discs... You're choice in wheels can actually affect brake cooling... Some are actually designed to help keep brakes cooler...

Rishi

D

DOT2DOT

Im asking because im afraid that 17"s will pull me all over the road especially around the country lanes where i live. Would the 280's still be adequate for hard track use?