Need help

andy_tt

My pulsars developed an issue and I cant get to the bottom of it. Its hard to explain but when you get above about 40mph, the car feels very loose. if you rock the steering lightly it feels like the car carrys on steering for a second or so if you turn into a sharp corner it feels like the cars gonna spin off. ive been over the whole car and theres no play in any joints, its got new suspension which made no difference, new tyres and pressures all good. ive even had the car geo'd and the only thing I can see is the n/s/f castor is a bit out, but not drastically. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Excessive toe-in/out? Probably not if you say the geometry is good.

Worn wheel bearing? Loose hub nut? - That tends to make the wheel you're leaning on suddenly change direction in the middle of a turn and makes it feel like it's about to spear off in one direction or the other.

andy_tt

Bearings are fine, tracking is spot on. I may try some new lower arm bushes but im not confident it will fix it as there's no excess movement in the bush

red reading

What figures were the toe?, are the tyres evenly worn and what are they I.e quality tyres or shit and the pressures as well? Have you checked the lower arm mounts on the body/chassis as have seen a couple of cars crack there and give the issues stated .

andy_tt

I cant remember, ive got a print out somewhere but there pretty much as the figures state on here. I haven't checked the mounting point, didnt realise that was an issue. I will check them tomorrow, and the rack bushes