Need help reducing understeer!!

Q

QJDynamics.co.uk

Hi All,

I'm new to these posts. In fact this is my first one.

I'm not sure what the format is but I would like to be able to sell on here as we have a parts business.

I was driving the Black mr2. I could see Butch's probs in my rear view mirror. I was fairly on the limit and was getting a bit sideways as well though. It suffers badly from understeer on cambers. I can keep up very easily through cambered low/medium speed bends.

My cars very stiff and it's it's undoing as the bump steer unsettles the car and makes it very twitchy.

P.S If mods could help with the seller bit that would be cool

boucherie

right guys, cheers for all the input so far.
what il do is fit what ive still got to fit and see if things improve, then il start replacing the bushes at the rear subframe etc, and set it more toward drift settings, then il go back on the front end and upgrade the ARB bushes as well as look into a bumpsteer kit, as it seems to be the popular choice!! :roll:

cheers again for all the advise, il keep you all updated on how things progress!

boucherie

ok nearly 3 months after the original post ive now fitted the following items to the R to sort the suspension:

OMP Front strut brace
Whiteline Rear Strut Brace
Whiteline Lowering Springs (-35mm)
Whiteline Adjustable Rear ARB
Whiteline Rear Subframe align and lock kit
Whiteline Front Castor/Anti lift kit
Bumpsteer kit.

ive been out for a little test drive today to check theres no boost leaks on the FMIC and to see how the car handles and im impressed :D :!: :D :!: .
The car no longer handles like the QE2 and actually has quite good turn into the bends, despite having a heavy ol set of MO's sitting at each corner :roll:

cant wait to the weekend and then il see how it compares with my mates MR2 and GT4.

Q

QJDynamics.co.uk

It Doesn't! :lol:

MR2 Wins :lol:

Well I'm a bit biased :wink:

Can't outhandle me yet and my rides way too hard, wait till i get my Tein Driftmasters :shock:

boucherie

QJDynamics.co.uk said:
It Doesn't! :lol:

MR2 Wins :lol:

Well I'm a bit biased :wink:

Can't outhandle me yet and my rides way too hard, wait till i get my Tein Driftmasters :shock:
i can easily outhandle you at the minute cookie as your motors not even running, so advantage butch :!: 8) :lol:

Q

QJDynamics.co.uk

Hmmm fair point.

Just need my new custom zorst, downpipe, intercooler, more boost, water injection, fit my injectors n pump, fit hybrid and get mapped up.

350@wheels should be ok for now

Better get the zorst, downpipe and intercooler on before Japshow and leave the more exotic bits could be time consumin

We'll see :D