need help, no start, think its the pump or immobilizer

K

Kolyaness

well the fuel pump relay is working and the fuses in the car all are good.... its all in japanese so i didnt know what one was fuel pump lol but none were blown.

car is geting no fuel
car ran fine the day before, woke up to go to work in the morning and it just turns over and nothing....

i need a list of suggestions or something, i ordered a manual but its not here yet....

K

Kolyaness

update... the pump works direct to battery

all fuses under the steering are ok... i can feel the relay turn on and off

but still no signal at plug... no power to pump!

immobilizer??? but i dont see a relay for one.... im not sure what to do lol

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kolyaness

well i needed to drive the car to work so i brought a line from the battery on a 15amp switch and fuse for now.... didnt wanna but no choice for now.

sucks being in canada and ppl that use the forums are on other side of the world sleeping lol Night guys! :)

Jonesy

Have you checked the wiring out, maybe a bad earth, see what voltage your getting at the pump. Cant be much else if your relay is ok and the pump works.
May be and idea to re-wire the pump anyway, then the voltage feed will be higher so your pump will run better.

K

Kolyaness

well i get zero voltage at the plug to the pump... so the car has no immobilizer??
i will have to double check the wiring diagram once i find one i guess

im not the greatest with electrical diagnostics lol was hoping someone had the same issue before lol

EVOBAD

it might be the coil a mate of mine had problem with his car thinking it was fuel pump but coil was dead

WUZ

I also need an answer to this.

Finally picked up the project pulsar sat in storage for 3 years :( but turn ignition to position 2 and you get all the lights on the dash turns over but will not fire up.

Error check produce code 55 so all is well there, no noise /priming of fuel pump and no fuel coming out of Fual Filter with Ignition on or cranking.

Funnily enough, the fuses are all OK (2 empty points on fusebox with no fuses in them) so I am stumped :( what so you suggest?

change fuel pump and filter ( will do this as I tune scoos as a hobby and all the classic scoobs run the GSS341 so I have a few of these at all times anyway)

Please help!!!!
Russell