need advice on tuners!!

M

memoli

Hi all, iv got a high powered gtir import...however it has a problem. on initial start up the car works fine, after abt a minute of switchin the car on number 1 piston stops working completely. Soon as u boot it the piston kicks in again, and then wen u stop the car the piston works for abt a min then switches of agen and its driving me crazy!! iv checked sparks an leads an there all ok.

I was wondering if anyone knew a place near south-east london that myt be able to look at the car for me and then possibly tune it for me to. I dnt mind travelling a bit to get there just as long its not to long a drive. iv been told abt a place called gda, has anyone heard of them, near bluewater!!

id appretiate any advice!!

rayman75

how do you no if the piston has stopped???? if the piston has stopped you wouldnt be able to drive the car. pistons dont stop unles you stop the car and take the feys out of the ignition??

bit more info mate.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think he means it starts running on 3cylinders.

Have you tried replacing the plugs and leads? Sometimes checking them won't reveal the fault.

Have you done a fault code check when the fault is there?

youngsyp

As it's so intermittent and only on one cylinder, it almost definitely points to the plug or lead for that cylinder. You could also check the dizzy cap branch for that cylinder (replace dizzy cap)and the injector plug and cable too !

F

Fusion Ed

checking the sparkplug would reveal allot. I would check the basics and also do a compression test.