need a photo please

mattytappy

You can get to the area if you take of the rear cards and if you reach through with your hand you can spray around in there.....i managed to spray some waxoil in too the gaps between the inner and outer skin before i resprayed them and after i replace the arches as its just a common weak point for the rust to creap in so it needs all the help it can get to stop it from being eaten alive

If you look there is the gap to the right of the suspention mount...plenty big enough to get your mits into

Last edited:

mattytappy

No problem fella.......just another bit of sound advice.....whilst your there.......if your trying to stop the rot then splash loads of hammerite or some other rust curer around in there before putting on your gunk or waxoil.....should help in the long run as well;-)

saddler

mattytappy said:
No problem fella.......just another bit of sound advice.....whilst your there.......if your trying to stop the rot then splash loads of hammerite or some other rust curer around in there before putting on your gunk or waxoil.....should help in the long run as well;-)
I dont have a rust problem i hope ?? im just making sure my car stops on the road for years to come..

Last edited:

mattytappy

Its the acsess hole to the fuel tank my friend.....its got an aluminium cover over it normally i just took mine of to paint it...wink

saddler

:shock: feck somebody has been busy :thumb: good work your doing there.. it look ready to paint..?

mattytappy

kenan said:
no I was looking at the converter power thingy lol
LOL.....i did wonder.....just didnt want to take the piss...:lol: :lol: ...its a nismo charge stabilizer but to be frank with you ive yet to see the results if its really going to work or even if it does work yet as the car has been of the road for over a year now which is hopefully going to change pretty soon

mattytappy

saddler said:
:shock: feck somebody has been busy :thumb: good work your doing there.. it look ready to paint..?
:lol: :lol: :lol: you havent seen my other photos ive just posted then fella...lol

mattytappy

Well its a bit of a joke really as i approached a local body shop and started chatting and got freindly and asked if they wouldnt mind painting the car on the cheap for cash if i did all the prep work........and to my surprize he said ok.....as most of the time guys who work in paint shops tend to be a bit moody....i blame all those fumes....but anyway it took alot of prep work and to be honest i can see where at least £2000 of a decent paint job goes in just stripping the car and the labour cost for that ,and preping was very very time consuming and a blew a good few hundred on wet and dry paper and tins of build up primer and i also had a good freind help me do all the rubbing down as that is a real gutty job by yourself......but to my suprize i trailored the car there on a friday night and by the time i left all the painter had to do was spray the car with taxi black as i had wiped it all down with pre paint and then masked it all and then tack clothed it and lo and behold saturday morning i got a call saying its all done and ready to collect and all i handed over was £350 and i left with a big smlile on my face.....:-D

Putting it all back together was a nerve racking experiance.....but its nice seeing it slowly come back together after looking like a right state for so long.........just got all the really expensive stuff to do now.......the ENGINE AND GEARBOX.......LOL

Last edited:
O

owens

it looks like a good job mate, i need to get my arches and carpark dents done and i think im going to re-paint her satin black to be different,
what bodyshop was it that done your paint for that price??