my worst fears have come true!

guider

my clutch master cylinder went so i changed that, then i found out the the slave has gone when i came to bleed it. now i fitted the slave i have found out the clutch fork is fooked. i love these cars:doh:
seems like the fork is to far back from the rod that comes out of the slave. it just wont press the fork far enough in to select the gears! pedal felt good at the top but 1 3rd of the way down nothing ther on the clutch pedal.
any body know of any garages in the north west who will be right to do this fooking job. only drove the car 2 weeks and its dead:oops:

P

pulsarboby

as said on the phone ste, that is remarkably unlucky!

riske on here had a similar problem and we ended up fitting one of our uprated forks to cure the problem, hes old one just punched right through the pivot point.

theres bound to be someone up your neck of woods that will drop the box for you i would have thought. just steer clear of tuner types or theyll rape your pockets!

guider

thats what im worried about bob i dont like rape ha ha. might end up sending it down your way with AA on flat bed yet but thats my last option. no offence to your workmanship its just a long way home to break down again ha ha ha ha. gotta laugh. my first one the diff broke in a week and i still went back for more! i just love driving em. oh well i will get ther in the end. u shoud make your mobile a premium rate number,i bet u get loads of peeps like me ringing ya. thanks again

P

pulsarboby

no worries just like to help where i can.

im up your way this weekend picking a car up from lake district, but can only get one car on my lowloader.
theres gotta be someone up your end that can sort it for you.
just go round a few local garages that can be trusted as i said. you shouldnt be paying more than 350 to get the box dropped and clutch checked out / refitted.

guider

350 i can live with that. i was thinking way more. so you can do it with the engine dropped and not out. sweet. gonna ask about tomoz
:thumbsup:

R

riske

ooo i know how you feel mate. As Bobby said the same thing happened to mine. I also got an uprated clutch hose, which is worth getting btw. My fork had an actual hole in it! Anyway i hope you get it sorted mate because now im enjoying pulsar life. i was so fed up with it before but you know that these cars get forgiven SO easily

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have a word with Mr Gtir, he's manchester way, he might know of someone that can help you.