My Smutty new rubber!

B

Ben Chandler

Ordered them direct from Dunlop Motorsport, spoke with Mike McGregor he was really helpful.

Paid just over £600 for the set and they delivered 'em the next day.

Give him a call on 0121 306 7002
Or check www.dunloptyres.co.uk

They do various different sizes: -

195/60x14 @ £107
195/55x15 @ £119
225/50x15 @ £145
205/50x16 @ £134
225/45x16 @ £145
215/45x17 @ £152
235/45x17 @ £164

And there's a few bigger sizes available that aren't gonna be that relavent to Pulsar's.

J

J-GTi-R

Oooh those are going to be awesome in the dry, I just hope they're not too scary in the wet.

Si..

ben:

cheer's for that list mate :wink: , my tuner's running them on his Pulsar which is a track only car and he think's their amazing compared to what he's used in the past, rocket ronnie uses them aswell, . :twisted:

Nad

I looked into those about a year bk cause all the Skyline lot were running them and remmeber seeing them on Lisa's and Ronnie's cars. I went to local tyre place and they said they have to get them direct from Dunlop, when I got the prices I decided again it lol for obvious reasons!

Nad

P.S. They r Formula R's arent they.

JU5TY

ooooh nice... very tempting.

Seen them on a few Evo's.

Seeing that I would also be using them on the road, how bad would they be in the wet then?

J

J-GTi-R

Despite the attempt at water channeling, looking at the amount of surface contact you'll get out of them will mean a fair amount of aquaplaning by the looks of it. The tyre compound might not be too rain friendly either.

Has anyone had experience of these as a road tyre? I know Avon make a similar tyre for Caterhams, which makes the car a bit of a handful in the wet.

JU5TY

Just found this report on the net from someone who has them:

Amazing in the dry. Better than Bridgestones in the dry but do make a lot of road noise (sound almost like land rover tyres!!!!). They are expensive and soft so would not last too long but if you want awesome road holding then they are worth the investment. Not for day to day use although they are surprisingly good in the wet too considering they are almost slicks.

C

charlie

My friend runs similar tyres to these on his car. I think his are michelin, says they are ok in the wet, but if you go over 50 expect to aquaplain

C

Crazy

Sound a touch expensive :shock:

Let us know how they feel because my GTiR is need of some new shoes (tyres) and if they make much of a difference. 8)

E

Edd

for the price of them i could have 3 sets ot toyos :shock:

think ill stick wirh ruining a set of toyos at totb 8) :twisted:

jonesgti_r

They do look very nice perhaps a little experiment could be in order at the next RWYB doesnt take long to switch 4 wheels :wink:

O

Olly

Seen them on my mates Evo 6 they do not last long at all, very soft compound when hot. 8) Lucky to get a thousand miles drivern hard all the way. :wink:

MarkTurbo

Edd said:
for the price of them i could have 3 sets ot toyos :shock:

think ill stick wirh ruining a set of toyos at totb 8) :twisted:
What are the toyo's like? Wet/dry handling, wear rate, etc?

I take it your on about the proxes T-1 s?

I usually use yoko A539's but i was thinking about trying these.

E

Edd

Dunno mark never had them before but everyone seems to rave about them :shock:

but for 4 215/40/16's for £204 delivered i aint complaining :lol: