My sandwich plate ... i think it's missing something

Tim

The sandwich plate i bought off of Davey doesn't have a thread in the middle of it, i thought the plate screwed onto where the oil filter does, then the oil filter bolts onto the plate?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Tim

olliecast

there should be an adapter nut that screws onto the stub coming out of the engine, which then secures the sandwich plate and has a screw for a filter.

Tim

Thought so ... looks like i've been bitten again by people who fail to sell parts in full!

I'll speak with think auto tomorrow and see if that part can be purchased separately!!

davey red.r

thats the whole kit i got off paulb, it was never taken out bag to fit, might i add u got it nearly new for 75 quid some people are never happy!!!!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's probably meant to go where the factory oil cooler is - then it doesn't need a thread for the filter because that stays put.
Makes sense really; why put a second (uprated) oil cooler in, and leave the OEM one in place?

geoff pine

It's probably meant to go where the factory oil cooler is - then it doesn't need a thread for the filter because that stays put.
Makes sense really; why put a second (uprated) oil cooler in, and leave the OEM one in place?
As i have a spare oe oilcooler i might just see if that will work

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm sure I've seen it done like that - sandwich plate on the side, the coolant hoses looped or blocked, and the lines to the oil cooler coming up from behind the plenum. The oil filter stays where it's always been so it's just as easy (sic) to get off.

Maybe it was on the modifiers site...