My first Rolling road

B

Beachsleeper

Well the chance came up to put my R on the rolling road, so i went for it. The R was put on the rollers as i wanted to find out if my hard work had done any good. The only mods ive done so far is, Front mount IC. Decatt pipe and apexi airfliter. As far as i know im runnin Standard boost. The R was ran and it came in at 260bhp Plus i found out that i had a boost leak from the Turbo pipe, which didnt help the run.

B

Beachsleeper

Braveheart said:
Yes... good figure for basic mods.
BTW, why in the remarks: "NOT RUNING VERY WELL" ?
If you look at the printout, Its stepped, This was the R hittin flat spots because of the boost leak.

B

Beachsleeper

tomble said:
why did you go all the way to plymouth from glos?

tom
The rolling road day was with another club. Which im a member of.;-)

tomble

ahh righty, what did you think of them at AP?

personally i think they're a bunch of half-wits.

robbed me blind, never ever use them again.

and forgive me if i'm wrong but i was under the impression that power and torque are to always cross at 5250 rpm? it might be the software they use causing it to differ though, or the graph is incorrect.

tom

Last edited:
B

Beachsleeper

tomble said:
ahh righty, what did you think of them at AP?

personally i think they're a bunch of half-wits.

robbed me blind, never ever use them again.

my opinion of course

tom
Ive never used them for any work on any of my cars. Ive only used there RR when its been a club day or bookin. I did laff on sunday as my R came of the rollers, The guy running it said i was running lean at top end. He must be good because he never cheaked the fueling.:shock:

tomble

yeah they said my gtir was running lean too, this is where the story started for me unfortunately...

1 month, one set of injectors, one afm, one lambda and one bill for £800+ i got my car back (still running like a pile of shite) so i took it back, and suggested the fuel filter be changed.. they did that and hey presto it was perfect.

i would have thought that if the car was running lean in the higher rpm's the fuel system would have been checked, and the filter is pretty basic stuff.

i was not very happy at all, particularly with myself for letting them **** me over, when i could have fixed the problem myself for £10 or something. :(

Tom

MarkTurbo

tomble said:
forgive me if i'm wrong but i was under the impression that power and torque are to always cross at 5250 rpm? it might be the software they use causing it to differ though, or the graph is incorrect.
They would cross if the bhp/torque parts of the graph were scaled identically, if you look at the torque/bhp figures at 5250 they are the same ;-)

Saying that i know somebody whose R made 330bhp at 1 bar on their rollers with just an air filter, exhaust and still on the top mount intercooler :lol: :lol: :lol: A set of rollers is only as good as the guy operating them ;-)

B

Beachsleeper

kenan said:
The storys I heard I wouldn't put my car on the dyno there
They do take the cars up to the rev limiter. :shock:

Watch this vid of mine running. The sound is a bit poo.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomble

ahh i see, good point! didnt think about it like that...

Another thing that pissed me off about them was the fact that one of the operators jumped into my car to move it onto the rollers smoking a cig! lol

all in all a bunch of cowboys

tom