msv trophy

P

pulsarboby

just got back from brandshatch after watching the last round of the msv trophy bloody cold over there lol.

this is what il be competing in next year in our new car.
it looks to be quite an interesting race series which is growing fast and makes for some close racing.

theres a few interesting things which i found out today though
1) if you win a race you then carry a 30 second penalty in your next race....ie you start 30 secs after the off.
so in a way it does not pay to win two events on the trot as in the next one (3rd event) you could technically have a minutes penalty and so forth:? so down to tactics i suppose
2) during the 45 minute race you have to pit once to swap drivers or you can drive yourself for the full race but have to physically get out the car and restrap yourself back in again.
you can pit at anytime though i think.

im really looking forward to this now as its been my goal since owning an R years back
i just hope the car proves to be reliable and that hopefully i can achieve a place at the end of the year, im confident but not overly so as theres some good drivers entering next year with a fair bit of race experience where as i have none in a car.
think next years rounds are
donnington park
mallory park
brandshatch
and snetterton although others may well be added

now means i need to take my ards test and get myself an approved lid and fireproof race suit over the winter.
then its chocs away chaps:-D

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You just need to win each successive round by more than a minute and it makes no difference!

johnny gtir

go for it bob its great to hear of r's getting involved in competition. jjs dose the autocross up my way in his and a few more of you do races/events keep people posted so we can get there and support you all. i would love to do it if i had the money

P

pulsarboby

whats the costs bob? control tyres?
think its 250 a round with practice, qualifying and race all in the same day
theres quite a lot of tracktime so good vfm and yes its control tyres no slicks allowed
entry costs are a one off payment of 50 which gives you your race number and all the relevant paperwork etc
why you thinking of going for it too mart?

You just need to win each successive round by more than a minute and it makes no difference!
lol you have to be fooking good to win by a minute
at a track like brandshatch you would need to lap the second place car.
then even if you did miraculously do that you would then have a 1min 30sec penalty in the next race

it would pay to not actually win but come second or third in a following race if you should win an event
but even that would be difficult to plan as once you had pitted you would have no idea of your race position when entering from the pitlane

Last edited by a moderator:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sorry, I just thought you'd be able to lap the rest of the field in your new R Bob. :thumbsup:

In that case, you need to come second in every race to win with overall consistency.

P

pulsarboby

:lol::lol:its an R

the likely scenarioo will be a DNF:lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Oh, I didn't know Red Bull had developed these engines... that explains a few things.

J

JeremyGti-r

I looked into doing this in my clio, but funds do not allow at the moment. Out of interest which class would you be racing in Bob? As I understand it goes on power to weight ratio for the different classes, I take it you will be with the evos and scoobies etc.

P

pulsarboby

I looked into doing this in my clio, but funds do not allow at the moment. Out of interest which class would you be racing in Bob? As I understand it goes on power to weight ratio for the different classes, I take it you will be with the evos and scoobies etc.

yes will be running as a group A car but the entire field all go out at same time anyway