Mpg???

KieranEG6

Had a skeet around and couldn't find much info. Search function...well doesn't really function. So Ill start my own thread. Im sure there was one a while back but I can find it.

What kind of MPG is everyone getting? And what are your specs/mods?

And before you start Bla bla go buy a TDi or Prius, its a genuine question, if you dont want to help then pish off.

Price of fuel on the Island is fairly high in comparison to UK and steep hills are pretty much everywhere.

I haven't even started to monitor MPG accurately on mine yet as it still has idle issues, sitting at 1000rpm, suspecting air leak or temp sensor/wiring fault somewhere so generally seems to run pig rich and drink it no matter how its driven.

shroom

Mapped cars can see 30mpg+ on a run although you would be going well to get 20+ when giving it s good thrash. As Edd always says there is alot you can do to iron out the standard map and they respond and deliver alot better

shroom

Is pish off isle of man talk?

It is illegal to practice some acts of homosexuality on the Isle of Man, which is kinda ironic if you say "Isle of Man" out loud repeatedly.*

Fusion Ed

Running closed loop at about 70-80mph seems to get around 20-25mpg. 50mph can get 30+ They are pretty thirsty, and much worse if everything is not tuned or working properly.

MarkTurbo

You need to allow for about 15 mpg average on most cars to be realistic.

My car is 400+ bhp but will do around 30mpg cruising steadily on the motorway, but that drops to 4-5mpg when its being driven properly.

red reading

On nistune at 500hp I was getting 2-3 mpg on boost and around 38mpg off boost at 70mph on a long cruise to Germany , people with other gtir on the same journey were pulling in to fill up when I had 1/3 tank left and they were nigh on empty.

MarkTurbo

I was shocked how rich the standard map is when cruising around on part throttle at fairly low revs. Anyone who drives their car a lot would definitely benefit from a re map.

Mine is horendous but i'm hoping that will be smoothed out once set up correctly!! Not too fussed though, as mine is a weekend worrior!!

vpulsar

I was getting around 40mpg on long off boost runs, and that's with a 500 bhp car running a proper ecu upgrade, motec M48 pro

Jon Olds

A project I would like to do is to convert mine to blow through MAF. Long believed this is a far better system that what we have. Dumping air (BOV) that has already been measured is bound to cause a swing mega rich at every gearchange
Jon

warpspeed

I'd better get on a get my plans for an lpg system up and running then.....less risk of det, potentially more power when mapped to suit, much better airflow meaning bigger turbo's can be fitted yet still driveable and half the running costs......

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Dump the BOV Jon, if you'll excuse the pun. To test, just disconnect/block the actuator feed to the BOV. Over the years the consensus has been you can live without it on a 360deg or roller bearing turbo.

@Kieran, I used to get 25mpg on the commute with the odd overtake and hard acceleration. 15 to 25mpg was typical for the road depending on use of the loud peddle.

Jon Olds

Should try disabling it, seems such a waste of that already compressed air. Mine is a 3071 so it lags forever, also.
Jon

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I run a 3071 .64ar

I disabled mine for a bit, went back for a bit, tried again without then cut the BOV oultet off the inlet manifold and got it welded up. It was kind of final but on balance no BOV worked better.