motec M48

Si..

can anybody tell me what there opinions are of it, and am i gonna need a boost controller or not. :?:

cheers

si.

A

antilag

yeh the motecs dnt cum with a boost controller as far as i no u just have to buy a solonoid though

O

Odin

I have the m48 pro and it's great apart from when it's cold it don't
like running :cry: :cry: but it's fine after it warms up I just start her
up and live her running for 5 min's and she's as good as gold 8) I
gaind 50hp and 70lb's of torque just fitting the motec it's a verry good
bit of kit, If your cars all ready running well you might not get as much,
As mine was running 5hit at the time, also you have your launch control
ant-lag and traction control as well if you want to fit new wheel sensors.

regards rob

S

stuart rawlinson

Dam Luv mine to but as Vpulsar said um dont like well mine mid warm starts
Starts fine when cold as long as you dont touch the throttle till its hot ish

Stu.

A

antilag

the autronics system doesnt have that problem or my link ecu

zia

the way i see it ,its my cold safety map incase the red mist comes down and i want to thrash it when cold. :twisted:.

zia

O

Odin

I'd say boost controller as I have the solenoid set up on mine and you can't change the boost inless you have a lap top.

When my engines rebuilt I'm haveing the motec in car boost controller fitted about £200 I'v been told. :wink:

A

Anonymous

si.. said:
cheer's for the info :wink:

would you recomend the solenoid set-up or a boost controller. :?:

si.
simon,do you really think it`s worth the extra expense over something like the power fc.it`s not just a couple of quid either,you`re looking at almost double the price :shock: :shock:

unless you`re going drag racing every night,launch and traction control are just going to be expensive luxuries that are rarely going to be used.
there is also the cold start problems with the motec that you don`t get with the power fc.

why not have a run in my car when you are next up my way,i think i`ll manage to convince you that the motec is an unecessary expense.

Si..

i hear what your saying bruce,

and i was gonna give you a shout over the christmas coz i'm up your way till the 27th if your about, just wanted to see what people who have it think of it, plus i've wangled an e.c.u as a xmas present off our lass so the cost is'nt really my call. :D :D

chrisniss91

Bruce what bar are you going to be running :?: 2bar i think you said . :) GINGA or jamesw would definately get in the 10's in your car :lol:

A

Anonymous

si.. said:
i hear what your saying bruce,

and i was gonna give you a shout over the christmas coz i'm up your way till the 27th if your about, just wanted to see what people who have it think of it, plus i've wangled an e.c.u as a xmas present off our lass so the cost is'nt really my call. :D :D
i`ll be home between the 23rd and the 30th,if you can make time give me a ring and we`ll sort something out.
do you have my contact numbers?

A

Anonymous

chrisniss91 said:
Bruce what bar are you going to be running :?: 2bar i think you said . :) GINGA or jamesw would definately get in the 10's in your car :lol:
while it was being mapped,we saw 1.99bar.don`t know if we`ll manage any more with fine tunning.

Si..

bruce,

i've got your mobile number, i'm going up to aberdeen on the 24th-27th, so i'll give you a ring once i'm up there and it'll prob's be the 27th on my way home if that works for you.

si.