MOT results

Joni

ye. the registration mot is done now and the car needs wheel alligment and inner track rod end or steering rack end. the guy wasn't really sure which one is loose.

can these both be changed on a basic llift and is there something special tools or so needed? i know track rod end could jam but i have no idea of the steering rack end.

is ebay the best place to buy these or do you guys have/know where to get these?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Glad to hear that you got through it and they accepted your paperwork.
This one is a slightly cheaper rod end (although I don't know about delivery to Finland obviously) - I've just had my tracking done too, so was keeping an eye on them in case I needed to replace one.
This one is a slightly cheaper steering rack end. It does say Almera, Primera, and lists all the Sunnys; so I think any N14 part will do for that one!

I'm pretty sure you can change them on axle stands with ring spanners if you have to.
I'll have a go at describing it: wheel off; take the split pin out of the linkage, and undo the nut; it should tap out of the hub; then you should be able to undo the tie rod end from the steering rod; 23mm for the track rod end; 19mm to get the linkage off; and the steering rack end may also be 19mm. - I could be slightly out with those, but it'll be a mm either side if I am (I was watching what they used when they adjusted mine).
They may need a gas axe to get them undone though!

Last edited:

Joni

Glad to hear that you got through it and they accepted your paperwork.
This one is slightly cheaper (although I don't know about delivery to Finland obviously) - I've just had my tracking done too, so was keeping an eye on them in case I needed to replace one.

I'm pretty sure you can change them on axle stands with ring spanners if you have to.
I'll have a go at describing it: wheel off; take the split pin out of the linkage, and undo the nut; it should tap out of the hub; then you should be able to undo the tie rod end from the steering rod; 23mm for the track rod end; 19mm to get the linkage off; and the steering rack end may also be 19mm. - I could be slightly out with those, but it'll be a mm either side if I am (I was watching what they used when they adjusted mine).
They may need a gas axe to get them undone though!
ok, i have access to a lift so i have room. was just wondering how shitty is the track rod end to change