MOT & Catalytic Converter

paz

My V5 says that my car was first registered in 1991 - Can anyone tell me, does this mean I don't need a cat to pass my MOT?

Cheers

Paz

A

Anonymous

If i remember correctly (not at work this week :D digging the garden :( )
then NO you dont I thinks Aug 92 onwards that limit lowers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
K reg onwards need a cat fitted. H+J don't need one and only have to get less than 3.5%CO to pass. I came in at 0.39 with the full mongoose fitted.

paz

ah now thats good news, worried myself over nothing ;) lol.... full mongoose here I come :lol: ;)

paz

paz

Mr GTiR said:
paz said:
ah now thats good news, worried myself over nothing ;) lol.... full mongoose here I come :lol: ;)

paz
Paz - you never listen to me do you :p
lol, I listened to the bit that said 'I'm not sure if its aug 92, just post it up on the OC to make sure' ;) :p lol

paz

paz

jimmybackb said:
paz said:
Mr GTiR said:
paz said:

paz
Paz - you never listen to me do you :p
lol, I listened to the bit that said 'I'm not sure if its aug 92, just post it up on the OC to make sure' ;) :p lol

paz
its july 92 :D
:lol: there ya go andy, thats why I don't listen to you ;) :lol:

Cheers Jimmy ;)

paz

O

Odin

No pulsar need's a cat to pass the m.o.t as it wont be on there system :wink: , mines a 94 and I have never had a problem with
the test 8) :lol: .

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think Hannie needed a cat. She was running something like 7%CO, which wouldn't even pass the basic test they put you through.
If you find a friendly garage they may not test it, cos like Vpulsar says it shouldn't be on their system. :wink:

A

andy n

when they did mine the bloke sniffed it and said it smelled ok :D :D :D
93 L plater, no cat, 1 MOT

timmy

Mines a '94 M reg and the guy said it was fine to test it as a non-cat so it sailed through.