Most desirable

G

GTIRocks

Hi All just joined and was looking round/being nosey :p ! i have my eye on one of these little rockets in the near future and was just generally wondering whats hot and whats not ie. any rare factory extras to look out for and i know green ones are the rarest (not that i want one, after all they are green) but does colour relate to spec in any way ? im from an evo background you see and early rs evos only came in white is this the same with pulsars?:?
I fancy an off white one or maybe a grey one with a few little extras thrown in but i will talk to everyone about that once i actually own one i suppose!!:oops:
anyway im up for any friendly advice anyone wants to throw my way.

also while im on how much am i looking at paying for a pretty clean(do any exist, what with them being 9 or 10 yr old imported cars) pretty standard (i would prefere to choose my own mods) car
any way im ranting on now so i will dash, CIAO for now.:-D

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
depending on spec, ggod ones from 4k and up - if you want a rare one, look for an ivory coloured. try and get one thats had an uprated clutch

They are a minimum of 12 years old now, and most are about 14-15, so good ones are becoming rarer than ever. Look for rot!

Some of them had some rare factory options like heated seats and mirrors and electric sunroof (my Ivory one did before I was a pillock and flogged it :( ). There are a couple of other factory fitted bits too like a passenger rally footrest and air purifiers where the interior light is. Rocking horse poo, them though :lol:

G

GTI-R Kid

Only factory options we had (that we know of) were the sunroof, wind deflectors on the front windows, air-con (think it was an option to have this AND the sunroof) and the front bumper guard.

gtirx2

Some of the ivory Rs came with the close ratio box and you don,t want that if you do lots of motorway miles.Also a lot of the ivory Rs were the light weight spec like mine with no electric windows/mirrors/abs etc and with the cheap seats and door cards:? So finding a normal spec ivory R must be pretty rare to find:)

mattygti-r

GTI-R Kid said:
Only factory options we had (that we know of) were the sunroof, wind deflectors on the front windows, air-con (think it was an option to have this AND the sunroof) and the front bumper guard.
erm no thats wrong,

looking at all the options books i have which were sent over from japan for me,

there were a huge amount of options,

Last edited by a moderator:

GTiRlover

Pm mark3supersonic if you are looking for an ivory R. He is selling his and its a clean example with sensible mods:)

G

GTIRocks

cheers for all the help i knew someone would have just what i was looking for just before i had the money together ! Ha, sods law that. there are a few for sale in west yorks (where I am) so i think i will start looking soon.

Keep it coming im a bit of a geek when it comes to options especially rare ones.

oh and also what are the start/stop productions dates for R's a 95 M is the newest i have seen?

G

GTIRocks

just thought im a tall kinda guy (six four ish) will i fit in one of the lil beasts?

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
An M reg R has a stronger gear box casing than any other R......if you can call that rare! Yeah you should fit in an R easy....fingers crossed.

Yeah the M reg Rs are the last ones made...so try & get an M reg ;-)

paz

GTIRocks said:
just thought im a tall kinda guy (six four ish) will i fit in one of the lil beasts?
Rob is about 13 feet tall, and he just about fits :lol:

paz

O

Odin

Aimee said:
An M reg R has a stronger gear box casing than any other R......if you can call that rare! Yeah you should fit in an R easy....fingers crossed.

Yeah the M reg Rs are the last ones made...so try & get an M reg ;-)

Aimee you do talk some shite sometimes :roll: :roll: .

There's no such thing as a 95 pulsar :roll: , It's just a 94 pulsar that has been registered later that's all you Muppet, As far as gearbox casing's go that's yet to be proved as well :der: :roll: .

Oh and I was chatting to a lad who is 6ft 8" and drive's a pulsar at the week end, So I'd think that a short ar5ed 6ft 4" ladyboy would fit OK ;-) .

Rob

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
who deleted my post........its still an m reg regardless, :lol: & it would be good for someone to test them out to see if it is true or not.

G

GTIRocks

well, how very dare you

:oops: Not only do i not even own an R yet but i have already been branded "the six foot four ladyboy" by that fatty in the yellow t shirt!

I think i will fit in on this forum

hope the ladyboy tag doesnt stick??:oops: ha.

B

bex

You'll be okay. All these gay boys love a bit of ladyboy loving.

MarkTurbo

bex said:
You'll be okay. All these gay boys love a bit of ladyboy loving.
And you like a bit of the old lady loving dont you :eyebrows: Or was that just my filthy mind imagining things again :mmph: