more power?

gtir bean

ok,i know that with standard turbo etc running 1bar set up proper should be about 280 bhp.but what about people who have 320+bhp at 1bar?is this just with cams etc?

A

Anonymous

gtir bean said:
ok,i know that with standard turbo etc running 1bar set up proper should be about 280 bhp.but what about people who have 320+bhp at 1bar?is this just with cams etc?
don't get too hung up with "supposed" outputs at a given boost pressure.a knowledgeable r/r operator can get you any figure you want with a bit of tweaking :wink:

to get 320bhp+ i'd be looking at cams,injectors,boost controller,some sort of fuel controller and possibly a new maf as well.

gtir bean

think ill just stick with stadard turbo etc at 1bar and about 280bhp.i should get my now exhaust on next weekend so that should help a bit also.

A

Anonymous

gtir bean said:
think ill just stick with stadard turbo etc at 1bar and about 280bhp.i should get my now exhaust on next weekend so that should help a bit also.
once you start to go over the 280-300bhp threshold,it starts to get very expensive :shock: :lol:

gtir bean

feck that then.i just want it to be quick and reliable.im at about 0.8 bar at the mo with a restrictive exhaust and its not bad but its a bit laggy cos of the exhaust.1bar should be fine when i get the exhaust done i hope.

A

Anonymous

gtir bean said:
1bar should be fine when i get the exhaust done i hope.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: we've all said that at some point :lol:

get a good exhaust,enjoy the extra power and within 6 months you'll be looking for piggy back ecu's and boost hikes :lol:

T

Tart

if u wanna improve the power and have much smoother delivery, defo get a unichip or something like......... bring power up to around 300bhp prob and will feel much nicer to drive.......