more boost!

A

andyz

Bought my car last tuesday and have done loads to it. Was going to take it to a tuner this week to get the boost put up on it. I thought it would be as simple as wackin a Apexi AVCR on there, and then off you go, but apparently I need an Apexi power FC as well, which is like another grand?!?! :shock: just to get a reliable 1.2 bar. Whats the crack, is this guy trying to pull my pants down? Cheers guys! :D

paz

You don't HAVE to have a power FC, so if he's given you that impression yes he's trying it on.

Some people run their cars with just a boost controller and some kind of air fuel controller - some even just use a shit bleed valve :roll:, there's a few different options.

Try doing a search for '1 bar' that should answer most of your questions on the topic ;)

Paz

A

andyz

Cheers matey! Thought £1500 to get 1.2 bar was a bit steep!

O

Odin

To run 1.2 bar you would need a fuel controller as well as it happens the car i'm brakeing has both the apexi controllers fitted, But thats not what you asked.

Is the £1000 for a power FC pro and does it include fitting?, Because you can pick them up on ebay new for £550 -£650 I think mate, There's also quite a few members that could proberly fit it for you, Then you just have to pay to get it mapped :wink: .

And be carefull with tuners as there a bunch of lieing cnuts mostly :evil: .

Also don't rush into doing it, Do your research on prices and what tuners do a good job first fella, It will save you a lot of tears in the long run.

rob

A

andyz

your car run ok on 1.2 bar kieron? what you done to it, and has it ever gone pop :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

have a look at your ecu (passenger footwell, plastic panel at rear on right behind the ash tray ect) and see whats written on top, you may already have an aftermarket ecu, i found an apexi afc stashed on top of mine btw so its a good idea to have a good look first :wink:

A

andyz

that would be nice!save me a few £££! Just been looking at ecus. Putting a uprated ecu on has noaffect on the boost does it?

O

Odin

andy123 said:
that would be nice!save me a few £££! Just been looking at ecus. Putting a uprated ecu on has noaffect on the boost does it?
nope

rob