Mitsubishi EVO VI intercooler?

E

Eric Yellow

Will the IC from an EVO VI fit the R easy?
I don't want to cut in the front bumper if possible..
So who can shed some light on this..?

With this thing fitted, an SAFC, Forge DV, Full Goose, Z32 MAF and boost set at 1.4 Bar (still with T28), can anyone give me a rough estimate of BHP I can expect?
Still on standard internals.

Eric.

Uncle Winnet

re

saw this on a gtir at rc last weekend it was 1 of the lads who works there. might be worth giveing them a ring

john

D

DodgeT

my mate has a "spare" evo IV front mount which he has never got round to putting on his 200sx, so i thought about it for my R, only thing i didnt like was that the inlet/outlet pipes on the evo i/c are about 40mm as opposed to 70 odd mm on the R

i know you could use pipe reducers, but i would be concerned with such a decrease in size, not sure what effect it would have on the air pressure/speed, im guessing it would speed the air/build pressure quicker, but probably not flow as much higher up the revs?

will wait till i can get me hands on a skyline cooler me thinks :)

GINGA

Yeh fits on without to much trouble and I only had to cut the bottom slates off my bumper to get it to fit :wink: If you removed the air con rad you could probably fit it there and have a really short pipe run to 8)
As for power I'd say 330-350bhp is a realistic estimate depending on how long your turbo can hold 1.4bar for :wink:

the inlet/outlet pipes on the evo i/c are about 40mm as opposed to 70 odd mm on the R
The pipes on the intercooler are the same size (2.5") as the standard R intercooler :?