Mitsubishi Evo turbocharger

RO_SUNNY

Hi guys.

This subject came to my attention today after a long discussion with one of my friends who owns an EVO 9.

He got approx 400 bhp with his stock turbo (Dyno proved)...adn I thought...why buy an 2871 or an 3071 to make that kind of power when you can get an EVO turbo unabused at half of the price????

For example I had a small discussion with Buschur Racing and they told me that they can make a stock EVO turbo to get out from it approx. 500 bhp....is that something or what??

I

iomegalinux

the main problem is that the turbo cost less, but you have to change manifold, also fit intercooler and exaust and other bits, so you go a lot more in the custom, instead of a "bolt-on" application with garrett.

Alot of fabrication to be done, i looked into using the twin scroller from a 9 aswell, but a bolt on 2871r wins my vote.

Mate has a 9 aswell running 420 on the stock turbo, its running 1,8 Bar of boost and it sits quite happy atthat all day long.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The Evo 9 also has Mivec which also contributes to the bhp level and no-doubt some dyno number tweaking is also included...

Forgot to say, the 9 is a forged 2.3 stroker and cammed :), and has ran in the region og 410 to 420 on a number of different rollers.

I

iomegalinux

but for our gtir, the need for that turbo, is really because we can have equal length tubular mani without having little radius pipe run.
twin scroll seem to help compensate the non-ball bearing turbo type, so spool equal or faster than a Garrett same size.