Missing!!!!

R

R-Man

My mates R started miss firing on him yesterday its just a slight miss hardly notice it driving only you can hear it sounds like a subaru when idleing, he changed the plugs and leads and cleaned the distributor, he said it started doing this after he drove the car on and it had'nt reached full operating temp. Is it possible it is either a valve or a compression ring broke:?

R

R-Man

abyss said:
probably a because the oil pressure hasn't built up.
Cheers mate but the oil pressure is normal, no change the car is still miss firing on him today

stumo

abyss, WTF has oil pressure got to do with a misfire? :der:

R-Man, your mate will need to do some more work to find out what the problem is.
A misfire can be caused by lots of things...unfortunately it's a case of trial and error (and experience) to fix it.

post up what else he's done with good o9r bad results and we might be able to help.

R

R-Man

Will do heading over to his house now let ye know later how we get on.

A

andrew

could be detting mate, get someone to plug a laptop inside it and do a fault check..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try changing the rotor arm and dizzy cap too.

What plugs did he use? What fuel is he using?

pulsar_stu

R-Man said:
My mates R started miss firing on him yesterday its just a slight miss hardly notice it driving only you can hear it sounds like a subaru when idleing, he changed the plugs and leads and cleaned the distributor, he said it started doing this after he drove the car on and it had'nt reached full operating temp. Is it possible it is either a valve or a compression ring broke:?

I think you missed something out in this explenation mate, I might be wrong but this dosnt sound right
R-Man said:
he said it started doing this after he drove the car on and it had'nt reached full operating temp
Was it suposed to say this........he said it started doing this after he drove the car on BOOST and it had'nt reached full operating temp???????

R

R-Man

Hi lads sorry it took me so long to get back about this ut i have been abroad, back to the problem with my mates gtir after doing a compression test every thing pointed at cylinder 1 compression rings, we striped down the engine a sure enough that was the problem so he has her back on the road now running sweet as a nut with a new set of wisco pistons and eagel rods. Another happy ending:thumbsup: