Misfire (Now Sorted)

N

NEIL R

Hi all

Picked my car up from hiteq yesterday after haveing a new clutch fitted.

Now the car misfires when you put your foot flat to the floor, It doesnt do it when you build up slowly.

If you build up slowly to 1bar then put your foot flat it misfires again but holds the boost.

Checked so far

New plugs and leads.
Checked for air leak.
cleaned dizzy and rotor arm.
From were i can see i carnt see any hoses of.
Fault code check was clear.
MAF is clicked on.

Please help Neil :(

N

NEIL R

Forgot to mension car has been sat in garage for 2 months could it be a fuel problem, I just put some cleaner in it and it seems a tiny bit better "or is that jjust in my head :? ".

Were can i get a cheap fuel fillter from on a sunday.

coxie

come on lads any ideas we spent the best part of a morning trying things we need ideas.please. :D :D :D :D :D

N

NEIL R

Thats a fair ponit but i carnt say it was not doing it on the way to hiteq as the the car was sat 4 2 months and when i drove to hiteq i didnt go over 30mph because the clutch was knackered.

But i just drove to southport at it seams to be getting a bit better may try some more fuel cleaner tomorrow and try and get a new fuel fillter.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Maybe the crap has settled in the fuel tank and it's got through to the fuel filter. I'd change that first and see if it sorts your problem, then maybe speak to Ian if it doesn't.

N

NEIL R

Using Coxies fuel fillter and its now running good 8) .

Cheers m8 :wink: .