Mini-update...:o toes!

S

Sirnixalot

:lol:
here are a few pix i took of the IC piping and the turbo with the beautiful Blitz covering the single nostril of my baby and the upper half of the down pipe.

A

AJ4

Sorry to jump in with a sado techie question, but do you think their will be any problems having your air intake that close to the compressor housing ? I was thinking of maybe air flow problems becasue their is no length of pipe for the air to 'linearise'. Just curious because it looks good, and I'm considering MAP so will be doing the same.

Cheers !

S

Sirnixalot

i jsut put it on there for the pic. There will be about a foot of straight 3" tubing.....gotta figure out how im going to support it though.

I dont see the filter being right on the turbo causeing any problems though. The only thing it would do is pick up hot air right by the exhaust manifold. Having a MAF that close to the compressor blades would be a problem. Mucho mixed air causeth erratic MAF voltages.

E

Edd

well after 5 minutes of hand shuffling, i'm in love :roll: :oops: :twisted:

A

AJ4

Ah, cheers, I did wonder if there would be any problems with turbulence in the compressor housing from the filter being so close. Sorry for jumping in and dissin ya setup, I was genuinely curious :oops: :oops: :oops:

My intake is about 18 inches in a lazy 'S' shape, the airfilter is mounted in line with the tubby and sits roughly where the front of the battery was. I used one of the boltholes in the tray to hold the filter mount but its probably a bit too rigid without the 'bendy bellows' bit that is on the original pipework :(

S

Sirnixalot

yeah it may look better but least all my exhaust gasses will make it to the turbo :lol:

S

Sirnixalot

more pix

Who says the Cusco doesnt clear 3" down pipes! It clears the flex section which is approx. 3.5" by abour 2mm :lol: there will be rattling but ill wrap the brace with heat wrap....gonna have to replace it every other week but tis the price i pay

O im topless :shock: :oops:....No shoes, No Shirt, Best Service :lol:

Cleaned up the engine and gave it a thin coat of high temp "Aluminium" paint.

Its starting to look more like a real car every day now 8)

J

jonnyboy

nice job so far, look's 8)
what front mount is that, look's the mut's :wink: