MINES ECU

T

the one

I know this has already been discuss, but anyone help with info, so i can get my ecu re-map, or should buy another one :D also will be having a front mounted intercooler fitted soon any advice be appreciated, thanks once again

MarkTurbo

How much boost are you planning to run :?:

With the right set up and as long as the fuelling is checked properly the standard ecu can handle more boost than you'd think :wink:

T

the one

as much as possible only when needed though,
not had car long, engine wise it's got uprated garrett T3, massive Air filter, HKS Dump valve, HKS EVC boost controller, Mongoose Exhaust, Paddle clutch. Short shift gear box, not sure what internals been done though!!
It only in the country 1 year, previous owner in this country had HKS EVC fitted, Mongoose exhaust, but don't know if he had ecu remapped or not. the owner before in Japan must have the MINES ECU and other things fitted as well, but their fuel is 100 octane the most we get optimax at 98, don't want to cause any engine damage. sorry 2 go on :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
the one said:
I know this has already been discuss, but anyone help with info, so i can get my ecu re-map, or should buy another one :D also will be having a front mounted intercooler fitted soon any advice be appreciated, thanks once again
I take it you currently have a mines ecu fitted? In which case, allegedly noone in the country can map them. (They have to be sent back to Japan)

What boost are you running? If you have the standard top mount on high boost then you'll benefit from a front mount. A remap could make more power and make your engine safer depending how far out your map currently is.

T

the one

at the moment 0.9 bar in low but the boost controller has 1.8 bar in high which i've only ever use once because not sure if car can take it, as 4 a front mount intercooler not sure what make 2 go 4

Mr GTiR

the one said:
the boost controller has 1.8 bar in high
:shock: FECK ME!!!!! that's a bit high for stock internals :? or are you running a BIG turbo with a forged rebuilt engine?

paz

Fast Guy said:
the one said:
I take it you currently have a mines ecu fitted? In which case, allegedly noone in the country can map them. (They have to be sent back to Japan)

What boost are you running? If you have the standard top mount on high boost then you'll benefit from a front mount. A remap could make more power and make your engine safer depending how far out your map currently is.
Shame really isn't it - the amount of cars that make their way over here with mines ecu's, you'd have think someone would have set-up to map them by now and be in the money :lol:

Paz

S

stokie1

what part of staffs u from? seen a couple or r's round
my way recently

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
GTiR_Mic said:
I will speak to someone, to see if they are able to do Mines, will get back to you asap.

Mic

You cannot map the MINES ECU in the UK...

ProSpec will send your MINES to Jap to have the charateristics changed but its obviously better to have an ECU live mapped for your car...

Rishi

Keira

these jap ecus everyone loves to say they own are about as much use for modding a car in the uk as a f.o.oking fit bird that wants to stay a virgin til she's married :shock: :lol: :lol:

on that note.............

anyone want to buy a tomei ecu i've got gathering dust in the garage :?: :lol:

mattygti-r

deisel weasel said:
these jap ecus everyone loves to say they own are about as much use for modding a car in the uk as a f.o.oking fit bird that wants to stay a virgin til she's married :shock: :lol: :lol:

on that note.............

anyone want to buy a tomei ecu i've got gathering dust in the garage :?: :lol:
my GTR has beene to the MINES factory alot judging by it,

but the ECU is still going in the bin,

geta power fc or emanage