Meister R coilovers

keastygtir

I have emailed Meisterr about doing a deal for coilovers for us. the guy offered a initial 10 - 15% discount for more than 5 orders. they seem to have good reviews from other brands.

http://www.meisterr.co.uk/

Just gauging interest.

Thanks

Kev

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I don't need them but for others to understand, what's the price and which product range are they offering?

Open question, are these notably better than BC or equivalents? Technology seems similar which means much might be down to spring and damping rates selected.

keastygtir

They seem to be well thought of and have good corrosion resistance. I would think from reading around that are a bit better than the BC style offerings. Spring rate offered is 6/4. List price is £729 all info can be found on their website.

KieranEG6

Have 2 sets myself, one set I bought brand new 2 years ago for Civic EG6, another that came on a car I suspect are 3-5 years old and have covered a good few thousand miles. Both have 8kg/6kg springs.

My civic fitment one's I bought brand new and have recently fitted only covered about 1k miles. They do seem very well built, much like BC's that I have worked with in the past. Although the damper settings don't seem to go as soft as I would like. With a half stripped out car it just still feels a little over damped on the Isle of man roads.

Weirdly Even more so on the older set. The strange thing is even fitted to a car with full interior, spare and tools etc on the softest settings they feel even more over damped than the brand new ones on my track civic. :? (Didn't make sense to me having more weight I was expecting them to be quite subtle on the softer setting, but no)

Having now traveled in different cars with both Meister R's and BC's I would say the BC's seem to have a softer range of damping for road use. This is only from daily driven experience. No track time yet.

From all the research I have done, they do seem to cater well for a wide range of cars and listen to customer feedback then actually apply it to the products. They will still be my next option for my Charged MX5 when I come to buy a set, as the way they have developed the coilovers to suit the cars and drivers needs seems great. Not just bring out a set and left them with given specs, they have been adjusting and improving the specs since day one. Making sure that the base set is best for the widest range of drivers, adding shock travel, base preload and softer springs.

Although I will be investing in a set of BC's for the Pulsar. Purely as they are tried and tested by a fair few on here, what I have seen from set's I have fitted for friends has backed up most of what I have researched. Plus I like the idea of softer damping for the Isle of Man roads.

I do hope someone does fit a set and give a detailed review. Would be interesting comparison if they had driven one on BC's before.

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback Kieran. Has it quietend down over there yet or are all the bikers still around?

KieranEG6

Nope is all back to normal now. Speed limits are still a little muddled up as the classic gp is not to far away. They tend to leave the odd unrestricted with 50s on.