MD214 output

Pete Watson

I have a MD214 fitted at the moment, although it is rated at 420bhp maxish i am a bit suspect as to whether it can return that figure.

Is anyone using this Turbo?, what sort of power and torque are you getting.

My car is just about to go off for it's rebuild etc, i was hoping to see something around 400bhp/350lbs is this being realistic?

Spec will be as follows:

Forge Pistons
L&B
264 cams
Flowed and Polished Head
Knife Edge Crank
Forge Pulleys 'possibly'
ARP Bolts
1.2mm H/Gkt
700cc injs
Sard FPR
FMIC
MD214
Tubular Manifold 'with a bit of luck'
Mongoose
OS Giken Clutch and Flywheel Package
Quaife Gear Set
B&M Shifter
Power FC & Hand Set
Apexi Boost Control
Running 1.4 - 1.6bar

Already have Full Whiteline Kit, Koni Suspension, Bump Steer Kit, AP Brakes and a few other bits and pieces.

Cheers Pete

skiddusmarkus

It's acheivable with that turbo.I think crazy made about 350bhp @ only 1.2bar.I have it on my rebuilt engine and it pulls better at 0.67 bar than the standard T28 did at 1.15bar.
I don't know how much boost you will have to run but it should be less than the rated 1.8bar.

C

clive760

TURBO

skiddusmarkus said:
It's acheivable with that turbo.I think crazy made about 350bhp @ only 1.2bar.I have it on my rebuilt engine and it pulls better at 0.67 bar than the standard T28 did at 1.15bar.
I don't know how much boost you will have to run but it should be less than the rated 1.8bar.
GET YOUR SELF A GT30 make 400BHP alot easier & less boost :p :D :D

C

Crazy

Thats the one: 356 BHP @ 1.2 bar

The turbo is only rated to 1.7bar, will let you know what its output is @1.4bar in a few weeks :wink:

This turbo will produce some good figures :!:

skiddusmarkus

Re: TURBO

clive760 said:
skiddusmarkus said:

And buy a new manifold,downpipe,screamer pipe and remote wastegate foor it to work/get the best out of it:wink: .I'm sticking with the original T28 dimensions as it keeps it simple.

GINGA

Re: TURBO

skiddusmarkus said:
clive760 said:
skiddusmarkus said:

And buy a new manifold,downpipe,screamer pipe and remote wastegate foor it to work/get the best out of it:wink: .I'm sticking with the original T28 dimensions as it keeps it simple.
You forgot to add and crap torque :wink: no ffence ment just a side effect of a big turbo really :(

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I made 397 @ 1.5 bar on the rollers with that turbo (+ the .86 turbine housing and a full 3" exhaust)

It's not been rollered yet but it's now been mapped to 1.7 bar and it pulls alot harder than it did on 1.5 bar, so I suspect I'm around the 410 - 430 mark.