Max. boost on standard turbo?

Sweeny

whats the maximum safe boost to run on a standard turbo.

The current spec. on my R is as follows:

1 bar boost on standard turbo.
HKS 264 cams.
hks downpipe.
straight through goose (no boxes).
hks iridium plugs
magnecor leads

i have a front mount on its way from gtir spares gary.

i am also due to get my unichip fitted at jon noble motorsport in a couple of weeks after ive fitted me fmic.

what is the max safe boost i can run on the above spec as i dont want to fry my engine, and is it neccessary to get an uprated fuel pump.

O, and what sort of bhp do ya reckon am kickin out with the above spec as i have never had it on a rollin road.

cheers guys.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

DEPENDS HOW OFTEN AND HOW HARD YOU DRIVE IT I RECKON.

I WAS RUNNING MINE AT 1.6 BAR FOR A BIT (HAD TOO TO WHIP MY MATE MATE IN HIS FIESTA TURBO!!) ON THE STANDARD TURBO AND IT WAS FINE. BUT THE CLUTCH WERENT!!!

MarkTurbo

Don't know how much boost the standard turbo will take but i'd think about the pistons as well, if they're standard anything over 1 bar with incorrect fuelling is pushing it a bit.
Best to get it set up on the rollers, think an uprated fuel pump is a good idea at 1 bar too.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

YEH WATCH OUT FOR PLUGS AS WELL. I WAS RUNNING 1 BAR ON 95 UNLEADED (DONT ASK!). I HAD A BIG MISSFIRE WHICH I CRAPED ABOUT THINKING IT WAS FOOKED AND IT TURNED OUT ONE OF PLUGS HAD MELTED, SO JUST THINK IF ITS DOING THAT TO THE PLUGS THEN THINK OF THE PISTONS.