Mapping with quad throttle bodies

takumigtir

can anyone tell me if or not it is true or not that the gtir's are abit of an arse to map due to the quad throttlebodies as the map is based upon from what i know normally the maf or an aftermarket map sensor working along side the standard throttle position sensor etc ,now i know this has probably been discussed before but a few opinions would be good, to anyone who has there car running a piggyback or standalone emc ,what do you have and do you have any flatspots so to speak due to whoever mapped it or the system your using not being adequate enough lets say for the gtir's needs ie not having accurate enough signals(possibly due to any downsides to the throttle bodies)you get the jist i hope,ive heard some people saying there nearly impossible to map for normal driving conditions,recommendations of what you have and who mapped it would be appreciated.any way back to the original question to those in the know,as we all know the gtir uses 4 throttle bodies with one tps which when it comes to mapping means that you dont have four individual inputs for accuracy purposes but if the butterflies are set up properly with a vaccuum gauge etc surely there wont be to much of an error or is there and is it really that much of a dog to drive i cant see it being that bad????? thanks

GTIR-LOZ

i cant say ive heard of anyone whos had a problem with it i mapped my own car in the end and it was fine and reasonably easy to do

Godzilla

Did u do it urself on a RR or with live mapping on the road with a mate , loz why does it cost so much if it's relativly easy to do

Fusion Ed

Never had a problem with the TBs on a pulsar and I have mapped hundreds with a vast amount of different systems on them.

GTIR-LOZ

i used power fc with datalogit you must have a wideband o2 sensor and gauge at least i did mine on the road with various peoples help the reason it costs alot is that tuners are alot better at it than me, you have a RR available and it takes them alot less time as they dont have to read up on each bit and have a good general knowledge of what figures should be where etc

GTIR-LOZ

its the timing part thats the hard bit especially on the road and thats the bit your most likley to break your engine on i think

ashills

the throttle bodies can cause an issue when u swap over to map sensor rather than maf sensor depending on the ecu